Author Topic: Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?  (Read 72534 times)

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
Re: Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2015, 04:40:57 pm »
No limit arrows mass. I see logistic problems. We want make flight more popular, so im sure that in future I will make tournaments for 100 and more archers. When I must check 500 arrows before tournament it sounds like problem for me. Turkish traditional flight recommend 2Gpp arrows mass, why we should go other way ? In this year and maybe in next we dont make regular flight classes. In Europe historical aspect of archery is very popular and this is the way for us make flight popular sport. But in future, why not

Offline Badger

« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2015, 04:59:14 pm »
   Just doing regular flight is much easier and faster. We will aslo be doing the regular flight in the primitive clases. The tradtional part will be optional for whatever club is holding the shoot.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2015, 09:11:50 pm »
If there is no limit to arrow mass then why would you need to check the arrows?  Competitors would just use what they bring
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2015, 03:06:27 am »
Anyway arrows lenght must be check when archers use bows with draw weight limit. But there is organisations problems , more archers = more people to help. In this year it is still big improvisation, i wait on new federation and want in future use yours rules

Offline redhawk55

• bowXplosion
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2015, 05:00:13 am »
We could manage  heavily time consuming measurements as it is done in other sports like that: checking bows and arrows of the best (top 5 or top10) shooters only? Everyone breaking the rules is disqualified!
If we stand firm, competitors will strictly observe the rules.
Michael
..........the way of underdoing.............

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2015, 09:44:52 am »
The perspective of

will we have 20 shooters or 100 shooters is huge in the way we want to look at rules

I am a bit of a dreamer so I tend toward thinking big

Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Jules

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2015, 11:17:03 am »
We record all distances (for personal records sake) but only measure the bow when it has shot a record. EWBS arrows are checked prior to the shoot (in bulk), but I guess you could do the same for arrows (check record setting arrows). Flight arrows are currently 'anything goes' with no minimum.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:23:49 am by Jules »

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2015, 01:03:15 pm »
Red hawk it is very good idea! We can check top 3 from each weight category and for example 10 random archers

Offline Dan Perry

« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2015, 08:21:25 pm »
Think about this:

Why not eliminate length or weight restrictions on the arrows, and limit overdraws on the bows to the classes that use them?

Put the restrictions on the bows, and not the arrows. Bows have to meet requirements for the class they are to be used in anyway.

Offline Badger

« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2015, 08:49:59 pm »
  Dan for the regular flight I believe this is what we planned. I think we agreed on a 14" minimum arrow which would effectively eliminate a length requirement. No weight requirements on regular flight arrows. Regular flite bows would only be 3 classes. Self, composite and simple composite with 4 weight classes, 35, 50, 70 and unlimited.

No real way to simplify the traditional and have it accomplish what it is intended to accomplish.

Dan, I am going to write a procedure here for starting a flight club and hosting a first flight event. I will be able to modify my post as feed back comes in instead of rewriting everything at once. I might have it up tonight, take a look at it and make any suggestions.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2015, 07:49:18 am »
Thanks again for all you are doing Steve !!!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Badger

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »
  The conversations here have gone pretty well, thanks to all for the input. I think we have reached a point where Michael and I can open up the web sight with a complete breakdown of objectives, rules, procedures etc. This looks like it may end being 30 pages long or so and may take me about 2 weeks.

Once the format has been published on our web sight it will be subject to changes and editing on a line per line basis. I would suggest we keep it open for at least 60 days before we finalize anything. My spelling and grammar is not that stong so help in rewriting segments would be much appreciated.

I am feeling good about the process so far. Please keep the conversation going, I will be monitoring but responding a little less until I get the body published. I tend to get sidetracked and stall out when I get involved in too many topics at once.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »
Just let us know when you have it and the address to find it .
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline redhawk55

• bowXplosion
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2015, 08:48:50 am »
Sorry, for being such late, but have had a hard time with still to much snow and lambing mother- sheep.

The site is up so far, go here: https://ipfbc.wordpress.com/

I would appreciate your comments, pics and videos for the Primitive Flightbow- Channel I want to add to the site on youtube.

Upcoming events?

Michael
..........the way of underdoing.............

Offline avcase

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2015, 03:38:06 pm »
Michael,
Thanks. Regarding upcoming events, we have our US Flight Nationals that hosts Primitive and Modern bow flight Friday, September 4 through Sunday, September 6. The location is on the Bonneville Salt Flats near Wendover, NV.

A few of us may meet for some extreme distance shooting at Smith Creek dry lake bed in a very remote part of central Nevada on the Tuesday before the U.S. Nationals. It sits at 6100 feet elevation and was the site where many of the longest shots of all time were shot.

I also am working to finalize a flight shoot near Portland, Oregon. I don't have a date set yet, but it will be no later than the first week of August.  It will be open to primitive and modern materials bows. The types of bows shot will be limited to a 500 yard field size, so we won't be able to accommodate some of the more extreme categories.

Since these events include primitive and modern equipment, rules and event categories will follow USAA flight.
See: http://m.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Events/Rules

Alan