Author Topic: Your tillering tree  (Read 20918 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Your tillering tree
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 08:19:26 pm »
+1, been there done that wore out the reunion teeshirt
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »
Knoll, yes, it's the same width as my string grip.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 12:22:33 am »
  Simple pulley and scale with measurements in inches...Like to find my nock point and place a leather strap that simulates my three under...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline sleek

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 01:41:25 am »
I draw the bow and have my wife snap a pic. I use a calibrated arrow to know my draw length and a scale for weight. There is a thin line center of my phone screen my wife uses to line up exactly with the arrow for perfe t photos every time. The I use the edges of my phone screen to line the tips up on. If one bend more than the other, one limb tip will touch my screen edge before the other. I thinking about making a laminated grip on my phone screen to remove when not in use. Then when looking at other peoples tillers I can judge it very well with a grid if I wanted too.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Gaust

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 11:45:10 am »
Mine's portable. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 09:54:07 am »
Mine's portable.
Portability is good.  Do you have rope/pulley setup to pull the string?

Like the photos in background! Can't see the group pic well enough to determine what team it is. I had the LeMond pic in my garage when living in PA.  Those were my competitive cycling years.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 09:59:10 am »
  Simple pulley and scale with measurements in inches...Like to find my nock point and place a leather strap that simulates my three under...
Don ... it appears your setup is not attached to the wall.  How have you stabilized it?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:27 am »
Thanks, again, for taking the time to post pics of your tillering setups.  I have lotsa choices to pick/choose from!

Offline cdpbrewer

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2015, 03:19:07 pm »
I need all the help I can get tillering so I use a grid- albeit a torn paper one taped to 1/4" OSB.   No wall space in the shop so the tree is clamped either to the wood storage rack or to one of the legs of the work bench.

I like a fulcrum thingee to rest the bow on.  A composite pics a bow on a fulcrum and on a flat one is below.   The fulcrum really shows the bad tiller.  ::)

c.d.

Offline Shaneisneato

• Somewhere around Louisville
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
Replying so I can remember to post mine tonight.  :D

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 03:27:30 pm »
Replying so I can remember to post mine tonight.  :D
Someone has a memory similar to my own .....  ???

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »
  Koll, there's a steel plate attached to the board and is locked into the vice...
                                                                                                                     Don

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 03:33:14 pm »
  Knoll, there's a steel plate attached to the board and is locked into the vice...
                                                                                                                     Don                                                                                               
And bench/table that vice is attached to is bolted/lagged to wall?  Thanks!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »
  Yessir, or I would drag it all over the shop...
                                                                        Don

Offline bow101

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 03:43:15 pm »
Its kind of strange its tough to get a bow thats between 62" and 66" to pull anywhere beyond 45#-55# .........@ 28".  I don;t think I have seen a bow pulling 60# plus @28  with a NTN at 64".  If so please direct me there.....?
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell