Author Topic: Where did your family come from?  (Read 23955 times)

Offline bushboy

Re: Where did your family come from?
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 04:36:07 pm »
Scottish,irish,french Acadian and micmac.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 04:46:11 pm »
I am Oglala Lakota Sioux on my Fathers side with a bit of Pueblo and Lower Brule Sioux on my Mothers side.  My Great Great Grandfather was a warrior at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 07:46:21 pm »
German, Portuguese and some Cherokee on my Mother's side and Irish on my Dad's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 09:19:31 am »
My son bought me a DNA test thing for a Fathers day present, it gives you a map showing where your ancestors came from back 5 generations minimum.
Mine is all UK, Scandinavia, Northern Europe.
He got one for Mrs Cat too, she has a little far East and Northern India thrown in for a bit of exotic excitement :-*.
Oddly nothing South of the Mediterranean (you'd think a bit of African would creep up into Europe) and very little French in either of us.
Del
(Probably some Baggott in there somewhere ;D ;) )
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 09:22:54 am »
I am Oglala Lakota Sioux on my Fathers side with a bit of Pueblo and Lower Brule Sioux on my Mothers side.  My Great Great Grandfather was a warrior at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
That's so cool...
Dunno if any of my ancestors were at Agincourt...
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 09:42:36 am »
Paternal side came across from Ireland in the 1870's and settled in Brooklyn.  Parnell is an English name crested back to 1066 - Battle of Hastings and has strong Irish historical ties. 

Mom's family came early just before 1600 through Virginia.  They are, more than anything, masonic. (British Isles)
1’—>1’

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 09:45:25 am »
On my mothers side, Pennsylvania Dutch and my fathers side English. My grandparents came over from England, last name Raybould, there is a crest that I saw once and the name goe's back through England and into Germany.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline xpertbushman

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2015, 12:18:16 pm »
My father is Russian, his father Belarus. My mother is Russian, her mother is from Israel. I have lived in the US most of my life.
This apprentice has much to learn.

Offline agd68

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »
Danish / English on my father's side and Scots / Micmac on mother's side. One of my ancestors and one of my wife's ancestors served together in the New Jersey Volunteers ; a loyalist regiment; and came to Canada from the US after the rebellion lol.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline jimmy

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 12:02:14 pm »
Ancestory is interesting.  My maternal grandpa said we were black dutch, blonde dutch, highland dutch, lowland dutch, and the whole damn dutch.  In other words, kraut.  On my dad's side, they all came from the same two counties in North Carolina and eventually settled in the Ozark county area of southern Missouri around 1820 or so and live there to this day.  Some moved to Oklahoma.  They first migrated to North Carolina from Scotland I believe.  Here they mixed heavily with the local natives and made their way west to Missouri where other mixed bloods settled (perhaps by force?).  The only exception was my dad's dad who was German.  That is where my name ( Egger ) comes from ( Austria, Bavaria ).

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 01:33:49 pm »
my family, Gutierrez, traces back to a bishop in Spain.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:41 pm »
Germany, Germany and Germany, with a touch of German splashed in on mom's side...:) Im VERY proud of my heritage.

those who know your last name have no doubt about this lol.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 01:40:54 pm »
i swear 85% of all Irish and Scottish people here in the U.S always say theyre part N.A. Hell Im mexican, spanish and hawaiian im probably more N.A than those who claim it lol.

Offline bubby

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2015, 02:57:42 pm »
i swear 85% of all Irish and Scottish people here in the U.S always say theyre part N.A. Hell Im mexican, spanish and hawaiian im probably more N.A than those who claim it lol.

Definitely more mexican >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2015, 03:37:27 pm »
Mexican?  I thought most mexicans were of spanish descent or NA descent or a little of both???  What does Mexican even mean???
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!