Author Topic: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015  (Read 157170 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2015, 01:25:23 pm »
She's not sure yet Pat..her sister invited her to some kinda event in Iowa same weekend.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2015, 01:39:02 pm »
Do you want me to bring my other tent?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2015, 06:16:38 pm »
Thanks Pat but we got that part covered 👍.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2015, 11:45:02 pm »
Well I have 2 seats available in my truck 3 if you're little guy's. Actually going to try to leave about noon on Thursday. Patches is hitching a ride. Any body else from the Ozarks needing a ride, let me know.  Hopefully we will be there by about supper time. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2015, 11:50:01 am »
pappy, it looks like I will be there Thursday around mid-day  or so to set up my marquis, and tables ,, I will be bringing quite a few bow blanks for sale, and finished bows,, also  I will have on hand some of my composite hornbows there, for people that have ordered,, they can pick them up there,, ill also  have a few people can check out and shoot if they like,, I will be bring  other stuff too and some trade items..  I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.... oh yeah,,,,,
OOGA-BOOGA

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #275 on: April 12, 2015, 09:01:28 am »
James, I look forward to your arrival. I'll be available to lend a hand.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline gothmog

« Reply #276 on: April 12, 2015, 03:22:41 pm »
Bear/Steve/Dan/etc.  I'll be there early Wed.  Save my spot!!

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2015, 03:52:31 pm »
thanks matt,, please don't forget those bows we talked about,, I really want to check them out.........james

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »
Got 'em on the list, James.  I'm saving them for you to see before doing anything.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline gothmog

« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2015, 05:48:37 pm »
I'd love to check out one of your composite bows Chief.

Ooga Booga

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #280 on: April 12, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »
Glad to hear your gonna make brian. See you guys soon.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2015, 05:44:57 am »
Coming together very nice ,still things to do but beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Got the tents up for Gary and PA /finished our bow blanks and about ready to assemble the trophies.Flag pole look nice also. See yall in a few weeks. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:39 am »
Well, it looks like I will be flying solo this year again. Bob McMinn called this morning to say he won't be able to make it. Come hell or high water, I'll be there!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
So I guess I'll be a first timer to the Classic this year and I'm psyched to be there! All of the guys at the Old Hickory Bowman Club in Hermitage, TN tell me it's an amazing weekend.

I did have a few questions about the layout just so I know what to pack.

1) What's close by in the area grocery wise? I.E. do I need to make sure I'm loaded up with a few days worth of camping gear or can I top off my supplies somewhere nearby, like a gas station?

2) Am I cool to come down Wednesday afternoon or do they not allow camping until Thursday? I took Wed-Fri off from work so I wanted to get a head start.

3) I have a friend coming from Atlanta but he won't make it until Thursday night. Can I stake off a little extra space for his tent or is he on his own to find a camp spot Thursday night? We've both just got pack tents.

4) What's the official policy on alcohol? Not looking to open a bar or anything like that, I just wanted to know if it's flat out forbidden there or what?

Thanks! REALLY looking forward to it and hopefully I'll walk away with a fresh made selfbow (my first!)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2015, 12:13:33 am »
There are gas stations within a few miles. I think a WalMart is near also. Someone will have better directions for you.
The club opens the concession stand Friday through Sunday I think for breakfast and lunch.  Saturday night is the Pot Luck for everyone.
Pappy will be there from the Friday before. Others start coming in then. Ill be there Tuesday so come on when you can.
 You will probably be able to stake off enough room for you and your friend.
Inconspicuous alcohol is acceptable. Inappropriate behavior is not. This is a family affair.
 Prepare to be blown away!!!   8)