Author Topic: New member  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Balsatech

Re: New member
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 10:46:04 pm »
Thanks again guys. DBar I'm in Nicholasville, was born in Louisville lived down on Hill st. Then to Fern creek. Used to ride my bike all most everyday down to what was then called Chenoweth park to fish. That was fourty yrs. ago, lots of extended family still there. Which part of town you call home?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 07:49:08 am »
Welcome, hope you enjoy as I am sure you will.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:23:43 am »
Come on down to the Tennessee Classic in early May. You'll get to meet a lot of PA members and learn a lot of bow building tactics as well as have lots of fun.
 Welcome to PA.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline xpertbushman

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 11:33:13 am »
Welcome Joe, the community here is awesome!
This apprentice has much to learn.

Offline arachnid

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 12:53:17 pm »
Hi Joe and Welcome. PA is a great place. I know most of my bows are still shooting thanks to this wonderful community.
Waiting to see your work.

Dor from Israel.

Offline Balsatech

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 02:25:48 pm »
Trying to figure out the best way to post pictures. I have 2 shootable  bows finished, and one that i popped a big splinter from under a knot trying to string it.  Ive always used a stringer on my prod. Bows and was using step through on this one and put to much  pressure  on top limb. That sound broke my heart also. I think I can go down one more ring and salvage something of it as it only splintered  one ring deep but about 1" wide and maybe  4" long. Joe from Kentucky.

Offline arachnid

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 04:17:59 pm »
I take photos with my smart-phone and it's automaticly being uploaded to my google+. I just copy the URL from there and post here... pretty simple.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 06:30:28 pm »
Thanks again guys. DBar I'm in Nicholasville, was born in Louisville lived down on Hill st. Then to Fern creek. Used to ride my bike all most everyday down to what was then called Chenoweth park to fish. That was fourty yrs. ago, lots of extended family still there. Which part of town you call home?
Joe,
Grew up in the Iroquois Park area, until I got married.... now in the Fern Creek area for the last 35 yrs.  As mention... the Classic in TN is a great place to meet PA people, I've been there the last four years and plan to be there this year.  There is also a PA get together very close to you the end of March, In Richmond near Boonesboro, Check out Moon Tree gathering in the shoots and events section.  Hope to meet ya in the near future.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Scottski

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »
Welcome aboard Joe.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 09:16:42 pm »
Welcome Joe, always good to have new guys jumping in. Once you get the picture posting figured out please post some of your bows, many of us don't read so well so we like the pics. ;) :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.