Author Topic: osage cherokee d bow  (Read 5112 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
osage cherokee d bow
« on: January 17, 2015, 09:15:45 pm »
My first osage cherokee d bow . Got the stave from my friend carson at echo archery for super cheap chased a ring and copied some specs from cherokee bows and arrows book its 69#@26" i love this bow ! figured ide share . All art on back is cherokee and or native symbols
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

Re: osage cherokee d bow
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »
Heres a shit of the upper limbs back
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 09:19:03 pm »
if it looks in the strong up picture like the bow has a handle, that is because I took a piece of leather and rolled it up into a tube and then glued it down underneath the leather wrap in the handle section so that it would be more comfortable in my hand but it is a true bend through the handle

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »
Heres the full draw pic theres a small back to belly snake in the lower limb from a branch or something but i just went with it like water down a river

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:32:42 pm »
it's hard to tell but the arrow used in the full draw a picture is a Cherokee style to feather Fletch arrow made from river cane gathered on the Tennessee River in Cherokee territory

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 09:38:38 pm »
Cherokee rivercane arrow to match

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:58 pm »
Rivercane arrow with two feather fletch tv glass arrowhead

Offline TimBo

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 09:43:07 pm »
Man, that's a nice one, and a healthy draw weight too.  Great work! 

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 09:51:55 pm »
thank you very much yes it's a pretty heavy draw weight I started to shake as I was holding it at full draw waiting for the picture to be taken lol

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 03:59:05 am »
Very nice Bow and Arrow. They look Silent, deadly and full of Cherokee spirit!
I like the Sinew backed Ash bow too!  :D
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 04:20:45 am »
Nice, I think those Cherokee bows were pretty close to the English longbow.
That should go through a Spanish breast plate :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 08:22:00 am »
Great looking tiller.  You are really turning them out!
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 09:31:50 am »
Really nice bow and arrows.  Nice bend.