Author Topic: An updated video about Lars Anderson.  (Read 12863 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: An updated video about Lars Anderson.
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 10:58:38 am »
Thanks for posting this Adam. She at least seem to back up what she says.
 ...and to the "which side of the bow to shoot from" I believe it has to do with the release style in most cases. With a thumb ring the string slips off to the right side so less paradox is needed with the arrow on the right and vice versa for the Mediterranean, tertiary, etc. style release which has the string slip off the fingers to the left so the arrow goes on the left side of the bow. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline adb

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 11:22:13 am »
I think Mr Anderson could have presented himself as a trick shooter, which he certainly is. However, all his others claims of rediscovery of lost archery techniques have exposed him for what he is.

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 11:54:46 am »
There again, what we're hearing is a narrator.  Until I heard the story from his own lips I wouldn't judge him too harshly.  The context of discovery can range from "I discovered something lost/never seen" to "I just learned of" and when we're talking about traversing different languages the two can get muddled easily.  I deal with almost daily such similar misunderstandings with Portuguese to English ledgers.

Plus the "response" video makes just as many vague generalizations.  Not that I'm saying she's wrong or that Lars is some kind of hero...just that there's probably more information to be had not easily expressed by someone who doesn't speak English.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

JacksonCash

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 06:50:30 pm »
The language barrier does make things difficult. I'm sure that like anything there are three sides to this, with reality being somewhere in the middle. I still think he's a great shot, and does some amazing things- I would not try to catch an arrow!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 08:22:09 pm »
Well, I know one thing she said was truthful, catching arrows. I've caught a lot of them in Karate Demo's and at drunken, Karate cook outs. It is really easy with a 25-30# bow. When you start to get up in the 45 to 55# range, the fletching will burn little white streaks across your hand when you try to close it. And a 60# compound bow will flat out mangle your hand up when hit with a rubber blunt.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:54:47 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 08:49:19 pm »
Yeah, can't disagree, he is a good trick shot artist.  As for the narration, it's all horse wash.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »
Here you guys go.  Good fodder for the skeptics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iLTA43MBuA
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 11:47:59 pm »
His publicist/PR person is a genius!  First let Lars show off his amazing trick shot talents with a little controversy thrown in.  Wait for the video to go viral with critics making claims against him.  THEN, have Lars narrate in his broken English rebuttals, while being humble to what he can and can't do.  WINNER, WINNER, Chicken Dinner.  I'd like to be his booking manager at 10% for the next 2 years.  The only place he'd be sleeping would be on a plane.  Throw in a couple Hollywood gigs, start at with a guest appearance on "America's Got Talent and we're both set for life.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline paco664

• ok,ok.. i might have done it...
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 12:33:20 am »
say what you want... trick shooting or whatever...

but cuz has some serious skills...
I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"~Col.H.Sanders