Author Topic: Veterans hearing  (Read 2486 times)

Offline JEB

Veterans hearing
« on: February 03, 2015, 03:56:22 pm »
Had my  final VA hearing today for hearing aids. The  judges  parting words were,"we will see what  we can do for you" . She  seemed to be very  nice and understanding.  I hope  I am right😎

Offline PNewton

Re: Veterans hearing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:23:23 pm »
Good luck Jon.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:45:22 pm »
Hua,hua, what did you say?  >:D
Lol I'm next.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:43:48 am »
It is sad to me that the men who went and served our country have a hard time now getting the medical attention that they need. Thanks so much for your service. I just got to see my first funeral with Military honors. What an awesome service. The American legion did the color guard and 21 gun salute. The first one at the funeral had the Marine Corps do the honor guard, and the folding of the flag. I literally lost it. At the burial the next day the Army did the honor guard, with the American legion again doing the color guard and 21 gun salute. My dads legion unit was the ones there to do the service. He got to be one of the ones shooting for his dad. An awesome honor for him. So, in short,  >:D Thanks for all of the veterans putting it on the line for me. If I could be a part of the American Legion I would be. It is a small honor for what you have all done for me!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:46 am »
Good luck JEB. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »
I'm not a vet but the way I see it is if you serve your country and go to war you or your immediate family should never have to worry about anything for the rest of your life! I really pisses me off when vets get the shaft and have to fight for what should be coming to them.  Thanks for your service,  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:42:16 pm »
I'm not a vet but the way I see it is if you serve your country and go to war you or your immediate family should never have to worry about anything for the rest of your life! I really pisses me off when vets get the shaft and have to fight for what should be coming to them.  Thanks for your service,  8)

I AGREE!

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 02:50:07 pm »
Some countries are about that way where vets are treated like royalty.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »
You have to jump thru a bunch of hoops and answer way too many questions just to "join" the VA.  That is with a service related injury.  Without one, more hoops to jump and questions to answer, and if you make too much money, you are denied.  As it stands right now, my wife and I make too much plus the property that we own (why they facture in that I don't know), but I am trying to connect my hearing loss to the fact that I had a 50 cal going off beside one ear and a 40mm grenade launcher going off in the other.  Couldn't wear earplugs because if I did, I couldn't hear the commands coming thru the intercom in the helmet.  Good luck with the VA JEB.  I hope you get what you want and need.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:02:40 pm »
I got lucky. The VA acknowledged my injuries to my back but gave me the minimum.  Im restricted in what I can do and for how long but ( well im bordering on politics )... happy to have done what I did.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline coxral

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 09:20:27 pm »
Ya shoulda looked at her and said, 'Huh'?