Author Topic: Really sad news from TwinOaks  (Read 12149 times)

Offline paoliguy

Re: Really sad news from TwinOaks
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 01:56:23 pm »
Sorry for your loss, you all are in my prayers.

Offline mhof86

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 02:14:01 pm »
It's tough with all the sad news floating around here lately but it is amazing how everyone here supports each other. From a new member looking at this community you guys really have something special. Pappy from what you and others have said, I am sorry I missed the chance to meet a great man. My deepest condolences. I will be praying for him and those close to him feeling the loss.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »
One of the nicest Gentleman I think I have ever met. There will be something missing whenever I go to twin Oaks, loved talking to Art.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline StevenT

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »
I have the good fortune to make it to only one classic. During that visit, I met Art. He was what we call at home "Good People" and easily made friends with everyone that met him. He will be missed.

Offline Tyke

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 05:11:46 pm »
Sorry you lost a good friend pappy
why buy it when you can build it

Offline TRACY

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:36 pm »
Very sorry to hear this pappy. Always enjoyed talking to Art at the Classic. He always kept the Saturday evening meal line in order and moving. He will be missed!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:59 pm »
Sorry to hear of this Mark, my condolences to Art's family and to his many Twin Oaks friends.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »
Sorry to hear that Pappy, I always enjoyed talkin with Art.

Offline Otis

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »
He will be missed. I got ran out of my bed when I stayed in the cabin with Pappy when Art showed up to help with breakfast. I always gave him the what for about that and he told me age before beauty. He was a hoot.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 06:21:33 am »
Thanks Guys I will pass it along to his wife and kids, he will be missed for sure, not sure on the plans yet but we plan on something Saturday at the farm,  all shoot an arrow and move his name plate to Advanced scouting party and some kind of meal, he always love the meals and  he and I always joked about our name plate being moved. :) Very sad.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 09:03:23 am »
I've always admired that tradition of names you have on the cabin at Twin Oaks.  Very meaningful, Pap.
I'll think of you all on Saturday and be with you all in spirit.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 05:32:16 am »
Arthur F. Behlke Jr., age 81 of Clarksville, passed away Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at his residence.  Sykes Funeral Home & Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
A Memorial Service will be at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at Sykes Funeral Home Chapel with Father Kevin Anderson.  Visitation will be 12:00 pm until the hour of service on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at the Funeral Home.
He was born February 25, 1933 in IL to the late Arthur F. Behlke Sr., and Bernadette B. Barrows Behlke.   He served in the US Army in the Korean War, was wounded and  received a Purple Heart.  He was retired from  At&t as a Lineman and Dispatcher.  He also served as Union Steward for 10 years while at At&t; volunteered at Ajax Turner Senior Citizens Center where he drove the bus for various activities.  He is a member of All Saints Old Catholic Church.  He was an avid fisherman and an active member of Twin Oaks Archery Club.
He is survived by his wife, Helene G. Behlke; sons, Jeffrey A. (Debbie) Purol, Robert  J. Purol; daughters, Leslie A. (Don) Foster, Janice L. (Rick) Miller; grandchildren, Zachariah Purol, Aaron Purol and Colton Miller.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to All Saints Old Catholic Church or St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Memphis, TN.
Online condolences may be made at www.sykesfuneralhome.com
  Thought some might want to read this. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 08:26:59 am »
Sorry to hear that, Pappy. Not sure if I met him year before last when I got to come.  I met so many people. I know you will miss him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 10:24:54 am »
I was ask to write a eulogy for Art and this is what I came up with. Hope his friends and family will like it, it came from the heart.  :)

From Mark and Twin Oaks Bow hunters

What can I say about Art? I don’t quite know where to start. We met 10+ years ago at an event we both love (archery). I took notice right off that he was shooting a longbow which is a little odd nowadays, but right up my alley. We got to talking and he asked about our Club, so I told him to come visit to see if he liked what he saw and we liked what we saw. He liked it, and so did we. He became what we affectionately called our Token Yankee. Anyone that knew Art knew he could be just a bit rough around the edges and that made him fit right in with me and Twin Oaks. He was a great mentor to the younger ones and also a very good archery teacher for all the youth that came through our Club or just came to visit and learn to shoot a bow. He always jumped right in. What a blessing he was for the younger generation. Over the years he and I have spent a lot of hours sitting and talking around the fire or on the practice range, trying to solve the world’s problems. He would say, “If they would just let us run the show” it would all be good. I loved the stories he told about days passed. One story was about his first bow which he bought in the 40’s. He rode a bus to the local archery shop and put a recurve bow on layaway. He would ride the bus back each week to make a payment and the owner would let him shoot it for an hour. He said it took him close to a year to pay it off. Those are the kinds of special memories he shared with us on a regular basis. He will be greatly missed by me and all the guys/gals at Twin Oaks and, for that matter, across the country and the world. He always made it a point to try to meet all the folks that came to our events and to make them feel at home. It worked because he made a big impression on many. I have had tons of emails saying how sorry they are for the loss to his family and also to ours. He is a big part of our Brothers of the bow family and his will be some big shoes to fill. It is a sad day, but for all he has been through over the last year or two, I guess it was time for him to rest. Rest in peace. We will see you on the other side with bow in hand. Love you Art.
 Mark “Pappy” Baggett/ Twin Oaks Bow hunters
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 11:07:01 am »
    That was nice Pappy, I was gald I got to spend a little time with Art when I came to Twin Oaks. I know you guys will be missing him. Carry on in his honor and others who have shared your bon fire.