Author Topic: An Unbacked ERC Adventure..full draw pg 7...fin pics pg 10  (Read 51296 times)

blackhawk

Re: An Unbacked ERC Adventure
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 05:22:20 pm »
Lol Roy n Guy  :laugh:

The mass weight was looking a lil too heavy after it settled down from some weight loss(moisture). So I took some material off the width to ~ 1 7/8" wide right now. Then I took a sanding block and sanded the back baby butt smooth. Fine tuned the floor tiller a little more,and that all took off 2.5 ounces where its getting close to be ready for overlays and a low brace. Its almost game time. Not sure if I'll work on it anymore today?  ???

It also reflexed its self a little more giving me an inch of reflex. As long as I don't have to correct any string alignment I'll be leaving this one heat free.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:32:50 pm by blackhawk »

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 05:35:49 pm »
Lol Roy n Guy  :laugh:

The mass weight was looking a lil too heavy after it settled down from some weight loss(moisture). So I took some material off the width to ~ 1 7/8" wide right now. Then I took a sanding block and sanded the back baby butt smooth. Fine tuned the floor tiller a little more,and that all took off 2.5 ounces where its getting close to be ready for overlays and a low brace. Its almost game time. Not sure if I'll work on it anymore today?  ???

I would be more inclined to make an ERC bow narrow with a shallow D section.  Should be interesting to see how wide works
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2015, 08:06:06 pm »
I saw this post and immediately wondered if it was one of those I sent back with you.  I have a sister or two to it still.  Good luck with it! I have one roughed out but haven't touched it in a year..

Looking good so far!

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2015, 08:12:27 pm »
Don't forget to caress her softly and gently sing to her before putting her to bed for the night.   >:D :laugh:
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:31 pm »
Watching with interest.
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:22 pm »
You burnish that back?
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2015, 01:05:03 am »
Chris your a helluva bowyer and if anyone can do it you can. Waiting with baited breath. I've kind of wanted to do an ERC bow but haven't tried it yet.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Josh B

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2015, 11:23:33 am »
Hey there Chris el mal, you got this bad boy flingin arrows yet?   :laugh:  Josh

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 06:22:05 pm »
how goes the battle???
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

blackhawk

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 07:33:01 pm »
I haven't had any time to work on it lately...hopefully this week I'll get some time before the next arctic blast hits...its been a crazy cold stormy winter here out east...if I don't get to the shooting stage before this next cold blast hits I'll be having to wait till it warms back up some again. I have been checking the weight everyday,and it is stabilized now and has stayed the same weight the last 4 days.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 08:03:32 pm »
What no bow yet ?!
letting a little weather get in the way, you ain't old enough for thay yet  :laugh: :laugh:
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 06:30:25 pm »
slapped on some overlays and got it low braced..i first had it braced at 3",and I had to take some scrapes and sands on the bottom limb to even up a little ,and left the upper limb alone...then once it was evened up I bumped the brace up to 4" here as you see it...and ive been exercising it now out to 15"....looking pretty good

heres 4" brace

a lil tugging

unbraced ten minutes after unstringing

Offline chamookman

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2015, 07:04:39 pm »
Profile looks great ! Ya need to get a fullface helmet, so You don't have to hold that hand up like that Chris  >:D. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »
Someone get him one of those black Michelin man bomb tech outfits, STAT!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2015, 07:20:45 pm »
Im watchin intently...looks great so far👍...if you pull this off we might hafta re-evaluate the whole 'good Chris, bad Chris' dichotemy....jes sayin....wheres Pearly? Lol... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....