Author Topic: Elementary 4&5 graders strip searched in Texas  (Read 20727 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Elementary 4&5 graders strip searched in Texas
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:16 pm »
Fred,
Sometimes that is the only way for a change, and I hate to say that, also. Especially in small towns where you have Nepotism and the "good 'ol boy" well in trenched. The only way to get rid of the "we've always done it this way" and incompetent family members is to hit the other good ol' boys that hired them in the wallet so they they will get rid of the ones that make these poor decisions.

And the way the school district is treating the issue like it is some minor disturbance like serving red koolaid with white meat?  This is where the judges often choose to hit the defendants with high punitive damages in order to get their attention.  The idea is to show the defendants that if they don't think it is a big deal, maybe they will just change their ways in order to not be bankrupted by doing it again.

A million bucks for finding out that coffee is actually hot, oh horrors, is a travesty of the judicial system.  But think about what these kids will deal with for the rest of their lives.  They may never trust adults again.  They may always think that people will be out to victimize them. and if any of these kids is a good student in school after this incident, I will be downright shocked.  School, to them, is not some place safe. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 09:37:11 pm »
And,, the teacher that came up with this, insane, idea might just be a closet Pedophile. Maybe their computer needs to be searched?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 09:44:08 pm »
And,, the teacher that came up with this, insane, idea might just be a closet Pedophile. Maybe their computer needs to be searched?

+1

And another reason for the school to be hustling to cover up like a dog that just crapped on a new white carpet!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 10:08:11 pm »
For all that be it doesn't seem to me that any of them were required to expose their private parts.

Excuse me!!!! 

You and I have all been humiliated sometime within our life.

I'm not claiming that what was done was right or forgivable .

Now that we have that out of the way?

Do you all think the better solution could be a couple billion dollar settlement?

Go wash yourself in rainwater underneath a dull moon.

I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 10:12:07 pm »
Well put JW.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 10:20:27 pm »
Sorry Fred, but this goes so far beyond just embarrassment.  Being asked in front of the class whether you pooped in the gymnasium is embarrassing.  Forced to remove clothing is a breach of constitutional rights, an assault, and has the potential to screw up these kids for life. 

This is experience talking, not an opinion.

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 10:52:58 pm »
For all that be it doesn't seem to me that any of them were required to expose their private parts.

Excuse me!!!! 

You and I have all been humiliated sometime within our life.

I'm not claiming that what was done was right or forgivable .

Now that we have that out of the way?

Do you all think the better solution could be a couple billion dollar settlement?

Go wash yourself in rainwater underneath a dull moon.

No, money cant solve the abuse of trust. Teachers are supposed to be the people kids can turn to. This was a gross abuse of power. These kids have been violated.  Not just in the ways discussed but also their faith and trust has been. They will always be suspicious from now on. And probably a good thing considering todays world.

No money wont repair that, that battle is lost. But if we bleed the finances out of those who are responsible then either they fix themselves or we bleed them dry and out of existence.  Those responsible,  who are they? Its a long chain. Starts with teachers,  then their boss and so forth upwards, it ends with us. We are the main boss. We fund the schools with our taxes. Someone must do something and we are in charge. So we do what we have the ability to.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 11:01:06 pm »
     Ditto to J.W. and Mullet, but my question, is this, if someone is taking a dump on the gymnasium floor, where were the teachers?  If this was a problem, why was the gymnasium not locked?  Cameras?  A whole lot cheaper, than a lawsuit!  I know if I had kids, and this happened, someone would be missing some teeth, and then, I would file a law suit.  This is insane.  What kind of odd ball nit wits did this school hire?  I think that like Eddie said, lets check out all the hard drives of all those teachers involved in the search, not just the one, or ones who came up with that idiotic idea.  As for "We all have been humiliated at one time or another"  These were kids, and this was forced on them, against their will, and rights!  No, this is not just a minor harmless incident, this very serious.  What will these teachers try to get away with next?  Maybe it will be a completely nude search next.  Like Eddie said, could be a closet Pedophile.  I definitely hope the parents sue the school, board, and those teachers involved.  Like Eddie said, hit them where it hurts them, and they will be a little more selective in the background checks, and mindset of those they hire as teachers.  Did any of the teachers involved, actually stop to think about this?!!

Wayne

blackhawk

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:08 am »
As a parent of four I can't imagine how outraged a parent of one of these children feel. God only knows what I'd do to the person that did that to my child. Being a christian I'd have a hard time doing the right thing and refraining myself from beating the @$&- out of them if they didn't pull there pants down after asking them too.

So the teachers that did this are not being prosecuted in a court of law for sexual assault on a minor? ??? What is this world coming too.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 10:40:51 am »
Sexual assault, pure and simple.

It's not defined by the assailant's pleasure, it's defined by the victim's trauma.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline sleek

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 11:27:11 am »
As a parent of four I can't imagine how outraged a parent of one of these children feel. God only knows what I'd do to the person that did that to my child. Being a christian I'd have a hard time doing the right thing and refraining myself from beating the @$&- out of them if they didn't pull there pants down after asking them too.

So the teachers that did this are not being prosecuted in a court of law for sexual assault on a minor? ??? What is this world coming too.

Chris, Biblical Christians were warriors.  Who says the right thing to do isnt to go and beat the hell out of them? Sometimes,  its the right thing to do.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 04:23:26 pm »
Being a christian I'd have a hard time doing the right thing and refraining myself from beating the @$&- out of them if they didn't pull there pants down after asking them too.

WWJD? Flipping over the table and whipping people isn't out of the question.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline sleek

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:07 pm »
I couldnt read the entire thing, or did you make it that way on purpose?

Offline sleek

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 07:58:17 pm »
Sounds like you stirred up a hornets nest. Often times these are long hard battles with folks high up the chain not in your favor. Good luck to you and keep up the good fight. Best thing about an argument is knowing you are on the correct side regardless if you win or lose.  Lucky for you, many people are on your side.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 08:24:53 pm »
Ok. The pics didn't work. Here's the backlash of helping folks out:

An update on one of the families affected by the student strip search in Gustine ISD. They have been attempting to enroll their child in Priddy ISD, but were told "we aren't taking any transfer students at this time." They have a total of five (5) students in that grade level and can't admit one more.

Please call and email them as well and urge them to allow students to transfer in. I do not have their phone numbers or email addresses, but perhaps by calling Adrianne Burden - Principal/Superintendent, she will provide each of you with an email address or a phone number to call.

Thank you,
Cipriano

Jennifer Love Johnson   12:48am Feb 10
Cipriano Rivera, I understand the paramount responsibility in speaking up for children, MAJORLY. I've known of you beyond what I care to know any longer. One of my children have been formerly "Educated" by a family member of yours. Without saying much more, I RESPECTFULLY ask YOU to remember as a certified, TX educator, YOU have responsibilities to uphold PROFESSIONALISM. You have publicly ADMITTED you did NOT know the children or their families in Gustine, Texas ISD' incident.
I would certainly appreciate YOU to remember you have a family AND are employed as a TEXAS school teacher. I'm not attempting to avert any justice in the Gustine ISD case, but I would appreciate YOUR focus on the students YOU teach. Advocacy for other children is important, but I feel that your continued involvement with unknown students in other district's is becoming detrimental to the success of YOUR classroom. Please be respectfully advised that you have made your presence well known. I am VERY well versed with Education laws, and your "Well Rehearsed" "Rhetoric" and public speaking is ALL being documented. I understood your initial concerns for these students. I have since begun questioning your underlying intentions. I will be in further contact with The Texas Education Agency, as a past educator feel appropriate TEA Officials are/have conducted investigations you are hampering, interrupting, and causing further investigation, or justice being served. I appreciate you understanding that my 13 years of teaching has lead my heartfelt concern in this matter.

Jennifer Love Johnson commented on your post in Erath County BREAKING NEWS.
Jennifer Love Johnson   2:22am Feb 10
Caity Etzel, Thank you for your reply, but, you need to understand THIS MATTER is now concerning 3 School Districts, 2 of which this gentleman is trying to deface policies... YOUR speculation is welcomed. After I've witnessed this man's words/actions, it's very concerning to me as a parent and Certified School Teacher. I am NOT speculating, and I am very well versed in Texas Public School Law. Anyone that would like to question my intentions need only know Texas Educators maintain professionalism. This kindergarten teacher has surpassed his appropriate level of professionalism.

Caity Etzel   2:10am Feb 10
I don't think it's very tactful to publicly attack someone's character with mere speculation.

Jennifer Love Johnson   1:04am Feb 10
No, Daryl Eason, you are not. I am a certified Texas Teacher who knows he and his family on too many fronts. It's time that HE learn that the incident has been reported. It is under investigation, AND it IS time for him to back out and let our justice system work. At this point, he is unjustly trying to play judge, jury, and the law. People need to demand justice, but NOT from a Kindergarten teacher. It's common sense. Inciting hatred of our school system is against the policy of holding a Texas teacher certification. Informing of neglegience or abuse is expected, but what we are witnessing is an individual that is a Texas Public School teacher that is actively pursuing negative dialogue against multiple school systems. He is a KINDERGARTEN Teacher, not an Attorney for Public School Children.

Daryl Eason   1:00am Feb 10
So I'm not the only person who thought Cipriano Rivera was trying to promote his own interests over helping unnamed "families" from Gustine?

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.