Author Topic: Colorado's Front Range area???  (Read 3114 times)

Offline CrazyHorse1969

Colorado's Front Range area???
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:05:35 pm »
There is a good chance that I will be relocating from Michigan to Colorado's Front Range area. Does anyone have any insight as to the primitive hunting opportunities in that general area? I have self bows in the 40#-to-45# range, and have some experience hunting whitetail deer and rabbits and squirrels. I know, unlike Michigan, there are greater opportunities to hunt elk, but I am not sure my self bows pack enough punch for elk hunting. Just curious. Thanks.
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: Colorado's Front Range area???
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »
Sounds like if they don't have enough punch that you are in good company to make one that will. It is a neat area. Opportunity is there.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:03 pm »
Sounds like if they don't have enough punch that you are in good company to make one that will. It is a neat area. Opportunity is there.

Thanks. Any suggestions?
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:32:31 pm »
If you have never hunted elk you are in for a treat. They are pretty neat animals. I don't think I would be afraid of shooting a 45# bow at one. Shot placement is key in primitive hunting. Not that I am a pro or anything.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:44:24 pm »
Makes sense to me. I will keep slinging arrows at the target in the meantime to better my shot and maybe think about building another bow (after I finish building the bow I am working on now) specifically for hunting elk. If I ever actually get the chance. Thanks.

Offline Halcon rojo

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 11:29:46 am »
We also have antelope along the front range. That was a favorite of the Souix. A little smaller than a deer and really fast. Also great eye sight. Wild turkey is another option. 
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 03:02:24 pm »
Thanks. Sounds interesting.