Author Topic: Dimensions for light draw ERC elb  (Read 920 times)

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Dimensions for light draw ERC elb
« on: April 24, 2015, 09:10:07 pm »
Over the last few years of not having been able to shoot much and developing a bad case of target panic with my compound that has started transferring over to my trad bow shooting. I have a need for a light, smooth drawing bow to help me get my form back. All the bows I have now are about 50lbs at either 26 or 27" draw. Which I have developed a habit of snap shooting and under drawing. I'm thinking something light drawing would be a big step in getting over this by giving me a bow that is light enough to easily hold on proper form.

Now to the bow, I have a couple of almost perfectly straight knot free ERC staves that are 6' long and roughed to 2" wide by 1.75" thick. I'm wanting to keep it full length to keep it as smooth as possible and help it hold up. So for the length and weight in addition to the fact that I don't have one yet. I'm thinking about turning  it into an ELB with a 50-50 heart/ sap split. Right now I'm thinking unbacked since its so light draw and long. And for dimensions I'm thinking of starting between 1-1.25". So what do you all think? I'm not worried about performance since it will be more of a training bow. Though I think of the wood species I have the cedar will give the best performance for a light long bow. mostly I just want to play with ERC. 

All opinions and advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Kyle