Author Topic: thinking about getting my conceal carry licence.  (Read 7926 times)

Offline sleek

Re: thinking about getting my conceal carry licence.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 10:15:44 pm »
I have the Taurus millennium pro 45. Love the pistol but to large for cc. Also the wife can't  handle the slide. Its too stiff for her.  But its my go to for when im out in the woods. Wild boar, snakes, and cats, hopefully it will do the job. 

Jw, as for scaring the litter box decorations off a cat, your looks will do just fine.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 10:26:17 pm »
I have the Taurus millennium pro 45. Love the pistol but to large for cc. Also the wife can't  handle the slide. Its too stiff for her.  But its my go to for when im out in the woods. Wild boar, snakes, and cats, hopefully it will do the job. 

Jw, as for scaring the litter box decorations off a cat, your looks will do just fine.

So says the guy that has to back up to a glass of milk so it don't go sour on him!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:18 pm »

So says the guy that has to back up to a glass of milk so it don't go sour on him!

Haha, least I never want for sour cream!

You probably need to sneak up on a match for a light! Think I fou d your cold water problem, when you get in the shower the hot water runs off!  But dont feel bad, I get the same effect when I sing in the shower...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline StevenT

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 09:53:24 am »
I have had one for years and carry daily, I have carried everything from  S&W 38 Special to  a .380 I now carry a NA arms 22 mag with hollow points/5 shot. Can't hit much at any distance but after years of carrying I figure all I need is a [ GET OFF OF ME GUN] and this will do that, Very small and no one knows I have a gun unless they know me or I tell them. ;) :)
   Pappy

Pappy, I like the idea of a GET OFF OF ME GUN. I am not looking for anything that has long range either. If I am in a situation that is long range, I am going to try to get the heck out. But for short range, unlike many, I think a 22 Mag can be very effective. I am curious what type NAA you have. Is it one of the small derringer looking guns? And if you pocket carry, do you put it in a holster or just carry it bare?

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »
Springfield xds. Thats what I will be carrying as soon as I get the license.  I have a Springfield xd. In .40 .45 I love Springfield.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 09:17:28 pm »
I carry a Kimber 45 when it's cold enough to wear a coat. most of the time its a two shot derringer, 22Mag with Hydro Shock bullets. Like Pappy's, easy to conceal in the pocket or sometimes in a Digital camera case on my belt.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 09:38:03 pm »
I have the taurus tcp, walther p22, feg pa63 in 9X18, and an ATI Fatboy which is a 1911. The tcp is a great little gun, the only down fall is the way it throws brass.  Mostly straight up and on top of your head.  I sometimes carry a walther p22, also.  I know someobody is shaking their head saying "but its a 22."  Yep, its deadly accurate and loaded with aguila super maximums.  The feg looks like a walther ppk and conceals and shoots great.  The ATI has a double stack magazine but I can hide it pretty good with a loose shirt. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in fire power.  12 + 1 in 45 acp.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 10:30:26 pm »
My Kimber is also a double stack. I figure if I need 14, 45's I'm already in deep doo-doo, or somewhere I shoudn't have been.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 11:05:01 am »
Everybody has their own idea of what the ideal carry piece is and usually well thought reasons for that preference.  The best thing to do if possible, is to just go out shooting with friends that have a broad selection to try out and find what suits you best.  On a side note, we've always been open carry in KS and shall issue for quite awhile.  But I'm really tickled that permitless concealed carry is moving through our state legislature with overwhelming support.  Barring disaster, we should be able to carry however we see fit without a special permit in the near future.  Josh

Offline Scottski

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:50 pm »
Carry ruger lcp 380 fits right in your back pocket. Have carried the same one for 3 years I like it.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline StevenT

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:26 am »
Still waiting for my CC license to come in the mail. In mean time, I decided to go the 22Mag route with an NAA SideWinder and a pocket holster. Still waiting on the gun to be delivered. Meantime, I bought the holster and am carrying it just to get used to the feel of it in my pocket. Like I said before, I have the small Bersa 380, but it is just a little bigger than I want to carry. That may go in my truck. Like Pappy said, I am not looking to get in any battles, I just want something that gives me some protection at close range. I'll let you know how it works out.

Hey Sleek, you started the discussion. Wondering if you settled on anything yet?

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 01:08:11 am »
Here in Arizona, we have concealed and open carry, no permit needed. So, I carry a Sig P220 .45ACP. I'm a pretty small guy but handle this weapon well. So I don't mess with success.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline kid bow

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 09:15:08 am »
My dad carries a baby glock in a conceal carry shirt.
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline seabass

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:07 pm »
I carry three everyday.sig 1911 scorpion carry,ruger Lcp380 and a na mini revolver.i bought her a ruger lcr38 special hammer less five shot.i had a pancake holster made for her ruger and really love that gun and holster set up.her set up is a dream to carry.u don't even know your wearing it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:08:16 pm by seabass »
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Newbreedarcher

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 08:39:39 pm »
I carry a HK45 compact. Enough stopping power to put down anyone, even these pcp/meth heads here in buffalo ny.