Author Topic: Applauding the Craftsmanship Displayed by the Bowyers on this Site  (Read 6355 times)

Offline missilemaster

Re: Applauding the Craftsmanship Displayed by the Bowyers on this Site
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 02:01:14 pm »
I wouldn't be a bowyer if it had not been for the people this site. Thanks Everybody 8)

X1 :D
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 03:06:43 pm »
Bruce Lee once said, " To me ultimately martial arts means honestly expressing yourself". 
I feel like there is a little bit each bowyer's personality shaved into each bow they create.  To me each bow is a work of art and an expression of it's artist. 
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 08:57:01 pm »
The way inspiration gets handed back and forth between people reminds me of something Del the Cat once said, "You pay my way, I'll pay yours, and we'll both go for free!" Not sure how that works financially, but in the matter of inspiration, ir is not only feasible, but a dang good business plan to boot!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 12:42:29 am »
I could not agree more with eveything thats been said. When I first started doing this thing 8yrs ago I was the only one I knew doing it. I have learned huge amounts from the guys on this site. It has given me the courage to try things I only thought about before and a good place to ask questions when I needed guidance. I only hope that something I do here will benefit someone else as much as I have been benefited.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God