Author Topic: The Floor Project  (Read 1785 times)

JacksonCash

The Floor Project
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:28:49 am »
The wife and I love our house, but we knew when we bought it we were going to change the floor in the entry hall. Her grandmother came over at the end of January and made some 'helpful' comments about it, and that was the trigger for my wife to push me to get it done. It took way longer than expected - getting tile adhesive off of hardwood is a laborious process, and we probably should have farmed it out. Anyway, Here's some pictures of the project!  http://imgur.com/a/KBFD2

Offline DC

Re: The Floor Project
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:26:18 am »
I often wonder why someone would cover such a beautiful floor. I guess at the time  hardwood was commonplace and tile was "NEW"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:14:17 pm »
That really makes a big difference.  I've also wondered why folks would cover a hardwood floor but I guess when linoleum first came out it was the cats meow.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »
Now you need to get some area rugs to cover over the wonderful wood floor to keep it from being scuffed up!  LOL!

All the woodwork is wonderful, a great opportunity for a craftsman to show off his abilities!  Just don't see that anymore.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 05:35:17 pm »
 I hope you-all had a champane toast at the end?
Well done.
Zuma:)
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

JacksonCash

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 06:46:15 pm »
No champagne yet, but we just finished today, really.

JW, the rugs will be happening shortly. It's an odd shaped room, so we aren't sure if we want to do a runner and an area rug, or what.

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 10:32:30 pm »
Very nice.  Love the older homes with all the wood.

Offline DC

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 10:55:54 pm »
We had hardwood floors and throw rugs when I was a kid. The dog would come storming down the hall and try to turn on the floor mat. He would end up tangled in the kitchen chairs.