Author Topic: Newbie from KS  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Dweena

Newbie from KS
« on: May 16, 2015, 11:15:07 am »
Just posting to say Hi, and to add how much I've already enjoyed looking through the build-alongs and other resources.

I am in the midst of tillering my first bow - I'm making a red oak pyramid board bow, using an amalgam of instructions from this site and elsewhere - and I even made my own tillering gizmo, though I think I might need to make a shorter one.

*sigh*, tillering. It's not rocket science, but it's close!

Anyway, glad to be here. I decided to stop lurking when I realized I had Burning Questions about how to get where I  want to go with this bow. But I'll post those in the correct sub-forum :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Newbie from KS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:29:54 am »
Welcome, Dweena. PA is the place to be for wood bow building
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dweena

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:27:37 pm »
Pat, I've been looking and can't find info about how to request a thread to be moved. I have a thread in 'how-tos and build-alongs' which should probably go in Bows - can you move it? It's my only post there.
Thanks for the welcome!
Dweena

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:29:00 pm »
 Only Mods or Admins can move threads. All you have to do is ask. I'll do it now.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 04:55:26 am »
Welcome Dweena, I think you will like it here. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good