Author Topic: Howard's hackberry bow  (Read 9290 times)

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Howard's hackberry bow
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 01:57:55 pm »
I missed seeing this in your camp. Excellent work Greg! That will work great for Howard's walking shot that he likes ;D

Tracy
Ha!  I learned that walking shot from Marley - only difference being she hit what she was shooting at! ;D  Who knows?  Maybe I will be able to shoot as well as a six year old before long.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 08:14:00 pm »
Howard, pleased to hear you had enough confidence in the bow to take it hunting, apparently it hasn't broke on ya yet. :D  Glad you like buddy, how much draw length have you gotten out of it?
Sharon will be pleased to hear that you'll be playing and singing some Wayne Hancock at the campfire next year, she'll probably put some money in your tip jar for that.
Thanks for the kind words, we're looking forward to next years gathering already.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 08:49:54 am »
This bow should last a long time.  I have drawn it just over 26" and the unbraced profile is unchanged.  As soon as I got it home I set about putting together a set of arrows that it liked.  I shot it a lot after I got it home.  After the first session, I knew this bow was going hunting.  It is so effortless to carry a short bow like this through the woods.    Thanks again Greg.   
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 11:05:50 am »
 Your work really makes me want to try new finishing techniques. Great bows, the both of them.  It was a pleasure meeting you at the classic. 

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 11:08:43 am »
Nice work! Love the look and profile, too!