Author Topic: Marking pens  (Read 2080 times)

Offline bow101

Marking pens
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:11:30 am »
Bought a Acrylic pen today, was like $7 bucks ca. its uv resistant and all that... @ Micheal's
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Marking pens
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:27:09 am »
Let us know how it works. Someone is always asking about marking on bows.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 12:57:14 pm »
Can it write upside down? Like the one on Sienfeld? >:D
Looks cool.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:58:55 pm »
I tried every marking pen out there, they work well at first for a bow or two but if you keep them a while the paint dries up and they won't mark well.

Buy yourself a bottle of archival India ink (comes in white and black) and a cheap extra fine point calligraphy  pen, you will have a lifetime supply of materials to letter your bows. I like white because it stands out more as the osage darkens.

Makes nice fine lines, cover the lettering with a few coats of Tru-oil and it will be there forever.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:02:36 pm »
I tried every marking pen out there, they work well at first for a bow or two but if you keep them a while the paint dries up and they won't mark well.
I have had the same experience with these types of pens.  Thanks for the calligraphy pen advise, the results look real nice.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 05:26:59 am »
I use the paint pens for cresting arrows - works great. Bows get Sharpies. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.