Author Topic: If I need to feel wanted, I go to the post office and look at the posters!  (Read 3261 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

And I ended up on the news the other day....still haven't made an episode of COPS, yet! 

http://www.newscenter1.tv/story/32454035/owl-naming-contest-reveal#.V4lTIl2BRfw.facebook

I know at least one person in here voted/donated in the naming contest.  We do it Chicago style...vote early and vote often!  Click on the link to meet our new short eared owl, Ina (pronounced ee-NAH).
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubby

For a minute i was thinking you weren't very well trained and they needed a bigger perch, then thank god the owl flew out
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JW_Halverson

How you like that call she makes?  Sounds like a cat pretending to be a dog!

Stringman

That's some good exposure there! And bonus - you didn't look like a bumbling fool (like I would have!)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Really cool JW. That anchor lady sure pulled her fingers back in a hurry lol. She is a pretty vocal bird, almost expected her to say ee-nah want a rabbit
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline red hill

Cool story and video, JW.  8)

Offline JW_Halverson

Really cool JW. That anchor lady sure pulled her fingers back in a hurry lol. She is a pretty vocal bird, almost expected her to say ee-nah want a rabbit
Bjrogg

Being imprinted on humans and being in an extended juvenile state where she has never had to fend for herself, she is excessively vocal.  She "rrrrRRRROWWFFs" at us constantly.  Its a combination bonding call, food begging call.  She is deep into molt right now and I am going to be starting to train her to fly to glove on command by end of summer.  That should be a big crowd pleaser in school classrooms, right?

Offline chamookman

Well done JDub ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
I know if I was still in the classroom I'd never forget that JW
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
That's awesome John! That's some good exposure for sure. She is a nosy one. I've never heard an owl make that much noise.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Your a good ambassador of raptors JW.Got a coon hunting friend in WV using a red tail and a whippet to hunt with.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
That is a cool owl John.  I like the choice for the name too. 

Offline Stixnstones

too cool.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline JW_Halverson

Your a good ambassador of raptors JW.Got a coon hunting friend in WV using a red tail and a whippet to hunt with.

Redtails have become very popular in England since they were imported.  Hawkers go out with a redtail flitting from tree to tree while the beagle or terrier snorts around in the bushes to drive out a rabbit.  If the rabbit goes to ground, the hawker pulls a ferret out of his pocket and sends it down the hole to flush the rabbit.  When the rabbit gets pushed into open ground, the redtail smashes it!  I dunno about you, Ed, but that sounds like a heck of a fun day to me!

Offline Stoker

Very cool.. Amazing job you two are doing..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano