Author Topic: Loosing the one good thing about being a newby  (Read 2234 times)

Offline DC

Loosing the one good thing about being a newby
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:46:57 pm »
I finally got to the point that I have to stop shooting 12 arrows a round :D :D It was good for a while because shooting is more fun than walking back and forth but now my grouping is small enough that I'm starting to hit other arrows. This was not a big concern when I was starting but I've hit and broken four now. Time to cut it down to six a round. Progress, finally. But my feet get tired ;D ;D

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Loosing the one good thing about being a newby
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:58:20 pm »
That is funny! Years ago when I shot wheel bows I used to shoot long distances. Like 60 all the way out to 100 yards. I would shoot a dozen or even more sometimes. But I would pick different points of aim on a larger target. At first I told myself it was good exercise to walk down to retrieve my arrows. But after a couple days, I found that the 4wheeler was priceless! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:27 am »
I have been shooting so long that I can space them out all over the target (and sometimes the real estate around the target, too) where they never have a chance of touching each other. 

That and I build all my bows with an "open choke".  >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:59:58 pm »
"open choke" - now that is funny! I'm sorry but can't help stealing that line!