Author Topic: Elm Hall 2015  (Read 36722 times)

owlbait

Re: Elm Hall 2015
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »
We'll be there all day and for the meal Pearlie. An all-nighter just doesn't work for us. Looking forward to seeing you and the PA crew. Hope to get a chance to look over some of your latest creations and maybe get a shooting lesson!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 04:44:27 am »
18 days and Beau/Jon/Dan and myself will be headed North. :) Can't wait. We may have more but all I know for sure I can count on is us. :o
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 07:21:17 pm »
That's a good bunch to haul up pappy! It seems like I was just thinking we had 6 more months, time just flies.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 04:56:28 am »
Yep it does, I have the IBO World next week and then work a week and headed that way. Can't wait.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 09:57:43 am »
Well the Elm Hall brew is being kegged today, and I'm putting the final touches on a bow I've been playing with all winter.  Now I just need to get some arrows fletched so that I can "seed" the michigan woods with them. Lol

I was wondering if anyone would like to do a primitive fire making demonstration?  I've never been successful at using a bow drill, but I'm sure there are some guys out there in the PA organization that know a thing or two about it. 
So if anyone knows somebody who's good at using a bowl drill or other primitive fire making methods it may be a fun activity to view or participate in for one of the afternoons.  I'm sure the kids would get a kick out of it, so would  adults like myself.
in between shooting. 
Chime in if anyone is interested, or if you know somebody who may be good at putting on a primitive fire making demonstration.
Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 08:57:42 am »
I'm always impressed by a primitive made fire.  I can't see it enough.  I have a flint/steel kit that I've never tried on my own.  It might be a good excuse to put it to use.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2015, 09:11:16 pm »
I've done flint n steel a bunch o'times, with char clothe and pine resin but still only made smoke with bow drill.i really want to make it. Might only b able to get there friday, would b my first time.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 07:39:53 am »
1 Day is better than none stixnstones, really looking forward to it, if I remember I will bring my fire starting kit.  :) Just a couple of weeks now for us. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:58 am »
I've done flint n steel a bunch o'times, with char clothe and pine resin but still only made smoke with bow drill.i really want to make it. .

Sounds like my luck. I can make a flint and steel fire and CRAP load of smoke with a bow drill. Introduce yourself stix, Im sure Ive seen you and had no idea.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 10:32:01 am »
Will do sir. Can't wait for this one , even if it is for one day. Is friday an eventful day or still a lil early?
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 10:59:31 am »
things will pick up Friday afternoon..

Saturday night is popular due to the amazing dinner the club puts on!
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 11:50:02 am »
That dinner is crazy good eating. Your plate, no matter its size, isn't big enough.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 11:59:31 am »
If you folks don't get fire let me know next spring at the Marshall Primitive we can get you going down the right road

Hey Pearly, My wife and I were discussing the possibilities of trying to get up there next year still got some work to do to make it happen but wanted to let you know it may be somewhat more promising , just have to see if it all works out

Have fun folks !!!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 12:18:58 pm »
You'd love it Guy. The grounds are huge with a lot of different opportunities to camp. Lots of familiar faces walking around as well.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 06:57:49 pm »
Guy, The Elm Hall crew puts on a great shoot.  If I was ever limited to two shoots, it would be the TN Classic and Elm Hall.  It would be great to see you there.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI