Author Topic: New work shop  (Read 8349 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: New work shop
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »
What are the wrinkles for?
Thats the way the bends are formed at the factory.
Steve Bennett

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 08:04:10 pm »
We got 3 more arches up today before we were rained out. Total of 12 up 5 more to go.
Steve Bennett

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 06:33:35 am »
This is so interesting. Had to watch.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 06:36:37 pm »
Dang rain! Three more up two to go.
Steve Bennett

Offline DC

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 07:43:03 pm »
You can ship the rain up here. Fires everywhere and they shut all the trout streams down cause of no water.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 03:34:27 pm »
Finished the last two arches in a light rain today. 2890 bolts and 99 anchors drilled into the conctete so far. Will start on the ends next week.
Steve Bennett

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 03:59:16 pm »
Its looking good!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:15 am »
Man that is going to be nice. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 10:30:57 am »
That does look good.
Would it be safe to Assume that you have more money
in the concrete floor than in the steel building???

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 07:32:32 pm »
That does look good.
Would it be safe to Assume that you have more money
in the concrete floor than in the steel building???

David
Yes it would.
Steve Bennett

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:20 pm »
How are they for heat in the summer?

Great if you don't erect the end walls.  Little breezy in winter, though!   >:D

Thanks for posting, turtle. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline DC

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 12:50:13 am »
Maybe go down to the building recyclers and get a bunch of sliding glass doors. Put 3 or 4 in each end. A friend had a greenhouse made of glass doors bolted to each other. Lots of ventilation :D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 01:25:27 am »
     Looking good!  A word of advice, insulate as much as you possibly can, and have lots of outlets, and at least one 220 volt outlet, and a 60 amp breaker.  I have a 30 X 40ft. pole barn type shop, with concrete floor, but only one 220 amp, and only a 50amp breaker. Make sure you have LOTS of lighting also.  I saw a really neat set up on a florescent light in a wood working mag.  It had a frame on the wall above the bench, and it had double jointed wood arms that fold out (envision the arms of a Praying Mantis, without the spikes) with wing nuts to tighten them to what ever position you wanted for the best angle for lighting, and the arms were on a frame that slid on a wood rod, with a locking wing nut, so you could not only adjust the angle of the light, but move the whole light Assembly, to what ever position you wanted it.  I am going to make a couple for my work benches. I don't know what your summers, and winters are like, but like I said insulate as much as you can, and even go so far as getting double pane glass windows, if you can afford them, and think about vent fans for the summer, or at least big shop fans.  Also a good propane hanging heater, for the shop in the winter.  Mine has really been helpful!  Good luck, and keep the progress pictures coming.  It is looking great! 8)

Wayne 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:30:03 am by stickbender »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 01:45:40 am »
You can ship the rain up here. Fires everywhere and they shut all the trout streams down cause of no water.
We have been having record heat here in Thompson Falls, Mt. today, at 6:30 pm, it was 101!  A few days ago it was 105!  Had fire on the mountain across the road from me, but it was only about five acres, at first, then went to about 26 acres, but slow moving, and not a really big fire load.  Neighbors evacuated, but came back the next day.  The big snorkel  helicopters were busy with it, flew in front of my house, plus a crew was working on it.  I hoisted a cold beer to them, to show my appreciation, then put my camera back in the house, and relaxed in a cool house.  the fire is out now, but still a light smolder here and there.  Supposed to get some much needed rain, this week end.  Had a light drizzle a couple of days ago, just enough to wet the ground a little.  But we will take it, and be thankful for it.  Been about eighty days or so, without rain, and some trout streams have restrictions on them, and they are implementing a (Hoot Owl law.) Fishing till 2pm, and then no fishing till midnight.  Montana Fish and Parks, are not the brightest bulbs on the string, anyway.  some of the stuff they have done, and are planning, is absolutely asinine!  >:( >:( Yeah, send some of that rain our way.

Wayne

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 07:18:00 pm »
Ok. I wrenched my back at work on the 12th and today was the first i felt like working on the shop. We got the back wall up today.
Steve Bennett