Author Topic: The Revenant movie.. Hugh Glass.  (Read 9008 times)

Offline TimPotter

Re: The Revenant movie.. Hugh Glass.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 09:41:48 pm »
I'm just really glad they gave a darn about it looking authentic. Looks like they picked the right guy for the job as well. Congrats!
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 10:22:38 pm »
Turns out I know the guy that was a technical advisor on the film, National Park Service Ranger Loren Yellow Bird from Fort Union National Historic Site. So now I have two connections, besides having visited the original site of the attack. 

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JEB

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 10:25:57 pm »
Just got back from the movie. It was a good one for sure.  Got a good look at one of the bows as he was choking the crap out of Glass with it, LOL.

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 10:38:57 pm »

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:12 pm »
A movie featuring primitive bows from one of our PA brothers on this very site, very cool.  I have to go watch this movie now, can't wait to see all the bows.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 11:20:05 pm »
While we are talking about the movie. The gun builder was from right here in Pennsylvania. http://m.bradfordera.com/news/gun-show-movie-the-revenant-to-feature-cameron-county-gun/article_98c79f74-b4ea-11e5-8c8c-574876234e6d.html?mode=jqm

So glad they chose to not use a lever action cartridge gun!  LOL. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JEB

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 03:10:30 pm »
Read the latest issue of Cowboy and Indians today at Barnes and Noble and they had two articles  in it about Revenant.  One about the movie and making it and the other more about the history of Mr. Glass. It read that there were around 300 people involved in making the movie but some quit because of the brutal conditions.

In the second article it mentioned that when in his grave Glass ate crush berries and grabbed a rattle snake and smashed the meat so he could swallow it.  His throat damage was pretty severe.  The snake info leads me to believe that it wasn't as cold as the movie showed.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 05:28:57 pm »
The snake info leads me to believe that it wasn't as cold as the movie showed.

Yeah, a fair amount of literary license was taken, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! Movie did get across that Mr. Glass was one tough focused feller. The Wife was grossed out a couple times.   ::)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 09:58:06 am »
Congratulations, Eric!  Great to see the brothers among us seeing some limelight.  I too have seen the previews.  Gonna have to see it. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PeteC

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »
Thats awesome.We really enjoyed the movie.The best look I had was the bow the Pawnee had drawn on Hugh while approaching the wolf killed bison. Was that one you built? Congratulations. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 04:41:35 pm »
Yes sir...my favorite part was where ol Leo was getting the crap choked out of him with one of my bows..Lol
E

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »
Kuddos to ya Indian Guy.I have yet to see the Revenant but looking forward to it a bunch.I remember hearing talk of old Hugh Glass while rendezvouing.I even think there were a few rendezvous named after him too.The man that would'nt die.Look forward to the Lewis and Clark deal coming up too.I recorded the Lewis and Clark  one shown on the IPTV channel.Very good.Do you know when they plan to put the new one on?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed