Author Topic: New project  (Read 13035 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: New project
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:18 pm »
You and ol' Roybert from PA had good luck with the ladies!

On a serious note, she is true artist. Ive seen a bunch of her work posted here over the years. Between you both, it must get pretty artsy in that house.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »
The house always looks like an artist studio and workshop. Good thing we don't get too many visitors or we'd have to clean up more often.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 01:13:29 pm »
I got the bow shaped today...

Will get more done of the figure today. I still have to make arrows and a quiver
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 01:21:21 pm »
Coming along nicely :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:28 pm »
Id narrow those tips Pat, probably catch a bit more speed :)

Looking really good. Cant wait to see it all painted up.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:56 pm »
You'll see I had to jack up the block he is temporarily attached to so I could get the right angle for his lower legs.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »
Proportions are really looking good. Do you draw a design to start or have you got so much experience you can just start shaping the wire? I am impressed.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 08:40:53 pm »
Id narrow those tips Pat, probably catch a bit more speed :)

Looking really good. Cant wait to see it all painted up.
Wow Pat... really looking good....It looks like a pretty long draw  :) ;)........I might have missed it but what type of person is she making....eastern woodlands, modern?? ...that's what type of bow I would make.....that's cool 8)  I think the woodlands Indian would look really neat.
Congrats to both of you.........
Can't wait for the finish product...............
DBar
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:48:08 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 10:00:23 pm »
I still have to work on the arms and legs to get the proportions right. The figure is 14" tall(if standing upright), the bow is 10" t/t and the arrows will be about 4" or so. I'll size the arrows to fit in with everything else. I think Eastern Woodland style with buckskins. I'll also thinking about a basket quiver. The bow is locust and I have narrowed it a bit and added single side nocks.
 Chief, no design drawing. Just started forming the chicken wire until it looked right. My wife has been making paper mache figures for a few years now so she has been a big help with suggestions and her artistic ability has helped with proportions and will again when time for the tissue paper clothing and paint.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 10:00:59 pm »
Have to agree with Pearlie, those tips will shake the paper off.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 11:17:50 pm »
Looking good Pat!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:40 am »
Dang Pat that is looking very good, looking forward to seeing him all dressed up. ;) I assume it's a him,  >:D can't really tell from the picture. ;) ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 04:30:12 pm »
If it works out well Pappy you may see it on the raffle table at the next Classic.   ;)

Offline Loope

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 05:38:17 pm »
That bow looks overworked... it has taken some serious set.  Once you get a string on it, it may not have much cast :)

Just kidding, this is awesome!  My skills don't go far into the artistic side, so I really admire those who have artistic skills.  Looks great, I can't wait to see the finished product.  Are you going to leave the string "imaginary"?

Offline half eye

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 05:49:31 pm »
Pat that is looking very good, the best part is that you have animation already and thats a hard attribute to achieve ....Dell had it in his as well. You are very talented sir.
rich