Author Topic: Newbie from NC  (Read 4522 times)

Offline rdbow

Newbie from NC
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:53 pm »
Hello, just a little introduction, I have not shot a bow in at least 30 years. Got interested in traditional bow making by seeing some nice build a longs. I have a little experience in wood working, and want to try my hand at bow making and of course the arrows and accessories. I have bought the 4 set of bibles that everyone mentions and I am in process of reading all of them. I have no interest in hunting, just target shooting in the back yard. So I hope folks use traditional bows for target shooting? I want to say that the forum is a great place to learn and I hope to make a few friends along the bow building adventure.
Thanks
Ron

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Newbie from NC
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:08:20 pm »
Welcome to PA, Ron. Where in NC are you. I live outside of Brevard in S W NC.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline rdbow

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:59:27 am »
Pat, I live outside Shelby near SC line.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:44:33 am »
Well, join in to the fun, Ron. Everything you need to know is right here. We have quite a few target archers. For most of us, archery is what matters.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bearded Mountain Man

• Waxhaw Survival Ware
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 10:31:05 pm »
I realize this is an older post, but I am up in Burnsville, NC. Not too terribly far from both of you. I have not been on the forum in a while, but I plan on being around a bit more this year.
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity" -Henry David Thoreau