Author Topic: Introducing "The Fury" pic heavy (all photos uploaded)  (Read 17856 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Introducing "The Fury" pic heavy (all photos uploaded)
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:33 pm »
That bow is a screamer!!  Why don't you flight shoot it just for the heck of it with a 500 grain or close arrow.

Well, he was only a slight slip of the finger tips from flight shooting it in my yard the other day whilst we were taking pictures of it.  ...but as I live in town, I expect one or another of my neighbors might have objected to the landing spot such and effort might have acquired!  Hopefully the new owner has a proper locale for doing a bit of flight shooting with it, ...'cause I bet it'd do a dandy job of it!

OneBow

Yeah Eric, if I remember right, we discussed the people on the interstate may disapprove of an arrow landing in their cars. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Badger

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 03:56:08 pm »
    Really impressed with the performance on that bow, how much of the original profile did it maintain before and after tillering?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 04:00:59 pm »
    Really impressed with the performance on that bow, how much of the original profile did it maintain before and after tillering?

It took 3/4 in of set over all! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »
I just got home from work . And had the fury waiting on me. Took me a while to get the bow unpacked it was like breaking into fort knox. But I got more gold out of the pvc tube than fort knox has . Wow what a work of art patrick. This bow is drop dead gorgeous.  I am beside myself receiving this bow.
Well I guess I don't need to post any pictures patrick already took care of that. I can't thank you enough patrick. WOW is this bow stunning. I love the story that goes with the bow also. The rest of you can stop looking on your porch for this bow. I won the lottery today. Thanks again patrick. You really out did yourself wit this jewel. 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 01:48:57 am »
I just got home from work . And had the fury waiting on me. Took me a while to get the bow unpacked it was like breaking into fort knox. But I got more gold out of the pvc tube than fort knox has . Wow what a work of art patrick. This bow is drop dead gorgeous.  I am beside myself receiving this bow.
Well I guess I don't need to post any pictures patrick already took care of that. I can't thank you enough patrick. WOW is this bow stunning. I love the story that goes with the bow also. The rest of you can stop looking on your porch for this bow. I won the lottery today. Thanks again patrick. You really out did yourself wit this jewel.

Thanks for the super kind words Bob! I really don't know what to say. This is the first bow I ever shipped anyone. Sorry about all the packing I didn't want ANYTHING to happen to that bow!

I have to say this. I knew all the while I was making this bow that I had something special. And when I flung the first arrow I was sure I had made something amazingly special! I didn't want to boast but I was dying to do so. When I finally completed the finish work I took a little time to reflect. "I just made this" I told myself. I still can't believe it! I didn't want to send it out but I made a promise. I was going to make the best possible bow to the best of my ability and send it to Bob. That's what I did. I'm glad you like it bud. And I hope it puts meat on your table for you and your family! Patrick

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 06:40:12 am »
And you did just that Patrick. It is the nicest bow and fastest bow I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. This baby will be seeing some no alot of the ohio woods this year and years to come.
Patrick put his all into this bow and man let me tell you it shows . I know it will make me strive all the harder on my bows from now on.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2015, 07:12:34 am »
Thank you...

Patrick

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2015, 09:17:21 am »
Bob was so excited he sent me a text this AM... I know he's in love with this bow, no doubt...Congrats Bob and nice work Patrick, really nice... 8)
                                                                 Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2015, 01:22:23 pm »
Bob was so excited he sent me a text this AM... I know he's in love with this bow, no doubt...Congrats Bob and nice work Patrick, really nice... 8)
                                                                 Don

Thanks Don! He seemed pretty excited last night when we spoke on the phone. Patrick

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2015, 07:57:38 pm »
I knew all the while I was making this bow that I had something special. And when I flung the first arrow I was sure I had made something amazingly special! I didn't want to boast but I was dying to do so. When I finally completed the finish work I took a little time to reflect. "I just made this" I told myself. I still can't believe it!

Yep, as early as MoJam it was obvious you and other experienced bowyers knew you had sumpin special. The great result was due to bit of luck in picking that particular chunk of wood, but is mostly due to your dedication & skill in bringing the hunk of wood to life. So go ahead & boast all ya want!  ;)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline sleek

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »
Take it easy on the B.S.... I mean boasting. Last time you did that I clocked your B.S. at 199 fps....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2015, 10:23:30 pm »
I knew all the while I was making this bow that I had something special. And when I flung the first arrow I was sure I had made something amazingly special! I didn't want to boast but I was dying to do so. When I finally completed the finish work I took a little time to reflect. "I just made this" I told myself. I still can't believe it!

Yep, as early as MoJam it was obvious you and other experienced bowyers knew you had sumpin special. The great result was due to bit of luck in picking that particular chunk of wood, but is mostly due to your dedication & skill in bringing the hunk of wood to life. So go ahead & boast all ya want!  ;)

Thanks a bunch Mike! It makes me feel good knowing that other, more experienced Bowyer's was admiring my work. Like I said before, I'm humbled by the response I have received about "The Fury" Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2015, 10:26:04 pm »
Take it easy on the B.S.... I mean boasting. Last time you did that I clocked your B.S. at 199 fps....

If I remember right sleek I clocked your bs at 191fps one time not log ago...

Mine is faster nana nana boo-boo!

Patrick

Offline sleek

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2015, 10:26:58 pm »
Only because I take time to actually breath!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2015, 09:22:03 pm »
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?