Author Topic: tactics  (Read 4511 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: tactics
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 11:26:50 pm »
I wouldn't hunt with a deer cape down here in Florida. Hunting deer in some Management Areas is legal running dogs and shotgunning with buck shot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 11:47:12 pm »
I would never hunt dressed like a deer or any other animal.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 01:32:34 am »
On private land, with a blaze orange cape and antlers maybe. Public land? Its suicide. I had a guy 50 yards away raise and site a crossbow at me. I was just standing in tall grass not moving,  in hunter orange. I was thinking to myself,  I am actually about to get shot. Do I shoot first or hope I can dodge and miss the arrow? He turned away and I never saw him again but we came close to exchanging arrows. Very close.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline jayman448

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 04:13:43 am »
Holy c@#p. Thats too close for comfort just to know someone actually raised up on you!! Thanks for that moon thing. I was listening to an old timer say that (in my area) because its been so dry to hunt all north facing mountain faces as there is less sun so more green grass left. Hadnt thiught if that at all. I have virtually no whiteys here. All mules

Offline Loope

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 09:36:34 am »
I mentioned bowhunting over lunch with coworkers, and one of them asked "So what do you do?  Just wait until you see the bushes moving and then shoot?"  Granted, this was from a guy who has never hunted, but it does show the lack of sense in some people.  Also, I have heard more than one hunter mention shooting at a sound.  Just because someone hunts doesn't mean they have any common sense.  No way would I consider dressing up like a deer when there are enough people out there that already shoot at sound or movement. 

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 09:56:02 am »
Yup, I have heard the phrase, " got a good sound shot off " before. This is why having to take hunters education classes are important.  Should also have to take an ethics class honestly. 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 06:11:34 am »
No way I am going to be in a deer suite, :o I don't even like white feathers in my back quiver and I hunt on my own private land.  :) Moon phases are good and feeding calender's are also a help but my best advice is get in the woods every chance you get, be as still/ quite and sent free as possible also be patient, it will happen. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 09:28:35 pm »
  I learned and hunted from stands for over 30 years. I know if you really want to kill bucks thats the way. But since I had strokes in 06 I'm a total ground hunter now. Since 08 when I started by bow hutning I've killed 7 bucks with a self bow off the ground. With a ghillie.

Set up sites the winter before don't go back to following fall. When the time and winds right. Lern to totally hunt the wind. WALKING IN,WHILE THERE AND WHEN YOU LEAVE.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING