Author Topic: Gone huntin  (Read 2732 times)

Offline H Rhodes

Gone huntin
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:19:26 am »
I won't be back for ten days or so...  it is that time.   ;D  Going to get back in tune with my ancestors - this guy and all those that came before.  Good luck this season. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Gone huntin
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:03:22 am »
Be safe and shoot straight.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 11:43:45 am »
  Howard, ya gotta love this time of year, sounds like your gonna do it right...Good hunting my friend...

Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:51:38 am »
Stay safe and enjoy your time Howard.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 12:25:18 pm »
enjoy :)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 11:25:28 pm »
Have fun Howard. See if you can bag another one of those Alabama red stags buddy, that was some good eating when you sefved it up to us last spring. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »
Back yet Howard????... ???
Be glad to here from you...
DBar
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:03:55 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 08:41:48 am »
Back to work. :(  It is a shock to be back in town - I sure didn't miss it.  Had a great time but very little success.  The first part of the vacation was the tail end of a six week drought in our area.  Deer didn't move much.  The day before the south zone season opened up, I sat on a big hog wallow and had a poor old doe come in and drink from that mud hole about five yards from me - could have taken her easily, but the calender hadn't turned over yet.  Pitifully dry in the woods.  The last four days of the vacation the bottom fell out!  We had the remnants of a tropical storm come through which confined me to watching dvds of old westerns inside the cabin.  Not the best way to start off the season, but it's all good - our season lasts till Feb. 10 and I did lay out some nice ambush spots for next week.  Y'all have a great season. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 04:46:38 pm »
   Sorry about your weather Howard, it doesn't always cooperate with vacation...You had a good time though and a long season ahead, good luck to you....
                                                                                                                                              Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »
Howard,
That darn weather  >:(  But anytime in the deer camp is better than none.  Yes I can get into some old westerns at camp too when the weather is bad........younger days I hunted in it , really don't have the desire anymore.
Good to here from ya
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking