Author Topic: Looking for wool pants or bibs  (Read 2612 times)

Offline hunterbob

Looking for wool pants or bibs
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:38:17 am »
I have osage  to trade for wool pants or bibs. I may even have a selfbow for the right deal.

Offline Blaflair2

Re: Looking for wool pants or bibs
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:16:24 am »
I have some wool pants that used to be my grandfathers. Used them under my hunting gear last year. If they weren't so warm I'd give em to ya ;0).
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:42:54 pm »
Yea I bet they are warm.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 02:30:55 pm »
If you can't find any here check out Sportsman's Guide or Cabalas for military surplus. I got 2 pair of German surplus army pants from Sportsman's Guide for $9.95(for both) a few years ago. Great quality! The Germans must be tall and skinny because these were way long for the waist size but were easy to hem.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:39:33 pm »
If you can't find any here check out Sportsman's Guide or Cabalas for military surplus. I got 2 pair of German surplus army pants from Sportsman's Guide for $9.95(for both) a few years ago. Great quality! The Germans must be tall and skinny because these were way long for the waist size but were easy to hem.

Thank you u will check it out.

Offline TimBo

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 05:26:12 pm »
I got mine on the big auction site...not for quite as cheap as Pat B's score, but still a good deal.  Search for "wool army pants". 

Offline darinputman

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 10:21:01 pm »
what size pants or bibs are you looking for ?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 03:57:43 am »
Post up Your size Bob. Since I quit smoking a couple of Years ago, I've put on some pounds and have 7 pairs of wool pants that will never fit Me again. Have Dark Green, Light Gray, Dark Gray, two pairs of Malone color and one Gray camo (Gander Mountain) and Red/Black check. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 06:14:26 am »
In pants I wear a size 34 -34   but I think 36 or 38 waist would work to layer uder maybe even up to 40.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 06:04:54 pm »
I bought some of the Sportsman Guide pants, 4 pair for 29 bucks. I sold two pair and will never wear out the two pair I have left. These were east German military pants, no use for them when east Germany fell, there were probably warehouses full of them left.

Sportsman Guide quit carrying them. The sizing turned out to be wrong, pants marked 36" might actually be a 30" waist. A friend bought some late in the game and none of the sizes were right, he sent them back.

These pants still show up on ebay at much higher prices than they initially sold for.

Nice pants and what I wear the most in the cooler months even though I have a set of Filson stuff.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »
You keep good company, Eric.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »
Nolan is showing off the bow I made for Gil.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 08:57:18 pm »
I like the looks of those Eric.
But thanks to Darin I have some on the way. I hope they fit. I have been wanting some wool pants for sometime now. Thanks Darin.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 10:54:47 am »
I purchased Columbia wool woodland camo bibs and jacket. Would recommend then to everybody. Got the bibs for $50 and jacket for $80 both on sale