Author Topic: Otzi provides intriguing clues re human migration - link fixed  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:03:35 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: Otzi provides intriguing clues re human migration
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:51:57 am »
I couldn't get it to open. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Otzi provides intriguing clues re human migration - link fixed
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 12:04:09 pm »
thanks, Ed . . . fixed it.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »
I read that a while back and thought that while it was interesting, it was an awful small statistical sampling rom which to draw conclusions. 

I also remember reading that by measuring the isotopes in his teeth and bones that they believed he was born and grew up not far away in Italy.

But the thing that got my mind to running around on rabbit tracks was thinking about what made Otzi so different that he travelled far and wide when most people probably never went more than a couple handfuls of miles from where they were born in their whole lives?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 05:06:42 pm »

But the thing that got my mind to running around on rabbit tracks was thinking about what made Otzi so different that he travelled far and wide when most people probably never went more than a couple handfuls of miles from where they were born in their whole lives?

IIRC didn't he have some shamanic items with him? Traveling holy man would make sense.