Author Topic: The Most Interesting Primitive Hunting Video Ever!  (Read 1876 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

The Most Interesting Primitive Hunting Video Ever!
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:59:25 pm »
This is the point that I want to get to.  Building bows and taking game in my neck of the woods.  Ryan Gill took that to the extreme and I'm so glad he's going ahead of me and is able share everything that he has learned and is taking us on this journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHQd3ynYEk
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Badly Bent

Re: The Most Interesting Primitive Hunting Video Ever!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 05:55:32 pm »
Excellent video documentary of your quest Ryan. I'm in agreement with Tim the best hunt video I've seen,
well done. It means a lot to so many of us here that you presented this view of primitive archery and hunting for others to see.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 06:57:15 pm »
Very interesting, I have heard of snakewood as a bow wood. Would love to try it out, how far into Florida does its natural range extend, I would assume I am to far north in Florida to have a chance at finding it. Also, a beautiful deer and congrats to Mr. Gill!
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 10:44:14 pm »
If him and clay Hayes got together to film a hunt that would top the books I think. I'm reading Ryan Gills book and it's getting me super excited to start primitive hunting and clay Hayes videos are top notch for information/ content/ editing. Congratulations on the hunt and good shot!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.