Author Topic: How old is cinema?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
How old is cinema?
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:19 pm »
Yesterday I saw a very interesting film about archeology. The whole film is very interesting, but the thing that blow me away is the starting of ... some sort of cinema - 40 000 years ago. If you don't want to watch the whole film go to minute 22 and look the next few. You can see a guy making a replica.
Enjoy!

http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/050155-000/steinaltes-daumenkino

PS:
There is a film somewhere about the Chauvet cavern (can't be visited), made by Mr. Herzog. When I find it, I will post a link. I have seen this film in a cinema - unbelievable!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: How old is cinema?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:59:37 am »
I don't speak German but the frowny face indicates it won't work for me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Tree_Ninja

• Clandestine Bow-ops
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 12:59:50 pm »
I recall reading about something like this.

I believe the wall paintings were made in such a way that the flickering of fire-light would give an impression of movement.

A good way to help story telling and oral history. Pretty clever for ancient humans.  The days of lore.....

I also read that in many cases the paintings were placed in an area that had a good echo. It is thought (by archaeologists and researchers) that the ancient humans placed many of their paintings in area's of a good echo, probably thinking of some spiritual connection.

Everybody loves a good mountain echo....

Offline derrick morgan

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »
in the werner herzog film there is a short appearance of a guy demonstrating a flute. that dude is not clompletely unknown to our "scene". he is experimental archeologist Wulf Hein who has contributed to quite some books on bow building (and as translator for the german edition of the bible).

and yes, the movie is awesome. should see it in 3d though! we played it at the cinema i work at and it was the most impressive 3d film that i ve ever seen.

i was just listening to a derrick morgan song when i registered. my name is stefan.
i live in tyrol/europe.