Author Topic: Should I take a deer first or cut the tree and take a deer with the bow  (Read 1843 times)

Offline DV IN MN

Would like to do both. Like the one that is on the right side of the photo. About 30 plus feet of a strait chunk.

Offline Weylin

See if you can time it so the tree falls on the deer.  >:D

Offline bentstick54

Make a bow, or several, out of the one on the right, and then use it to take a deer out of the one on the left.

Offline J05H

Make a bow, or several, out of the one on the right, and then use it to take a deer out of the one on the left.

+1
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline DV IN MN

0ne on the left has to much lean to put a stand in. But I could cut it and use it to make a bow and leave the one on the right for a few years. that would open up the shooting lane on the trail that forks to the west of the tree. But with the winds in this bottom my best chance would be for one to the east of the tree. Just think it would be kind of neat to hunt out of a tree shoot a deer than cut the tree and shoot a deer with a bow from that tree.

Offline Chief RID

Sounds like a difficult challenge but attainable. Good luck! My challenge is killing deer and lately getting to the woods to kill a deer.