Author Topic: Strange deer teeth  (Read 6381 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Strange deer teeth
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 04:26:47 pm »

Cool!  So was he walking funny?  Was his hide baggy? Was there a name cut out in the gold?  A diamond? Any rings in his ear, or bling around his neck?  Maybe he killed and ate a rapper....  ;D 8)  Take the jaw down to your local jeweler, and have him do a gold test on it. Just to test if it is gold, or not, and if so, to see what karat it is.  Could be gold dust there, or could be like they said, fertilizer, or mineral, or you might have a gold mine. ;)  either way, cool!  Check to see if he has any gold Gall, or Kidney Stones ;) ::) :P

Wayne

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 10:51:29 am »
I killed a little mule in WY a few yrs back that had teeth like that. we had killed 4 bucks and that was the only one like it. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 11:56:37 am »
Thanks for the link Jojo.  I looked at a satellite view of where that buck was killed and there are zero crops.  It's all wooded hills and grass fields.

That is one of the issues with fertilizers. Just because they aren't used around the area doesn't mean they aren't there. Some stay around for a long long time. it is one of the issues that our rivers face. Nitrogen leeching into the ground water, or river systems. It is all I could find about it. It is neat no matter the cause. Maybe you have a lonely dentist in the area that likes to practice catch and release hunting/dentistry?
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 12:06:27 pm »
It's a gangsta' buck! Whoever shot him better watch their back.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline 1442

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 12:16:47 pm »
Where the does chasing him, or just working for him. Pimp deer.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 04:11:40 pm »
It would have been pretty freaky
if it was a crystal skull too. :o
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 07:04:14 am »
Clint did you text a pic to wapiti yet? Joe will know or find out.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bronco611

• God ,country ,family, flintknapping
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:24 am »
cool teeth! I hope you saved his low rider deer cart that he used to shuttle all of his does around in so we could see a gangsta deer coupe also! I have no idea what would cause that condition but I wish I had a euro with teeth like that, especially if it were a boar hog with big gold  cutters.
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 06:32:29 pm »
I can't see anything odd, older deer have more stain on their teeth, but, I'd say that one may have had sweet spot for hedgeapples..  I cut them up in front of my trail cameras all the time.. deer love them... my fingers are gold right now from sanding...

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 10:27:59 pm »
Joe, I'll bring them to moontree for you to look at.  There is something definitely different about them.  The deer around here eat hedge apples and their teeth look normal. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left