Author Topic: 19th Tennessee Classic  (Read 81382 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: 19th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2016, 11:32:34 pm »
I really, really hate it that I'm going to miss this year's Classic.  I'm saving pennies and vacation time for our Alaskan cruise later in May.  You all remember to add a little extra fun in your day for me.  AND POST PICTURES, PICTURES AND MORE PICTURES.
Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:20 am »
The trucker just rolled in!

Ah yes the mighty kenabago ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2016, 07:07:14 am »
On my way to the classic should be there by 9 am

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2016, 09:05:07 am »
1 hr away.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2016, 08:22:33 am »
Can't make it but yall have a great time. Pappy I will see ya at world in July . Hope to see a bunch of you guys there if you can make it. Work sure gets in the way of my archery stuff. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2016, 08:07:27 pm »
Got home about 4. No drama on the drive.
Many many thanks goes out to the TOBH membership and volunteers who make this event special.
Had opportunity to speak with a number of newbies to The Classic. In different ways, they each commented with enthusiasm re the uniqueness of the facilities and helpfulness of the volunteers.
GREAT to meet a number of ya who, up to now, were only in my imagination. Each of ya exceeded my positive expectations!
Only sadness is that it'll be 12 months 'til see many of ya next.

Will get images uploaded tomorrow.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2016, 08:40:28 pm »
Good times for sure
the Dasher boys made it home A OK
What a blast
was good to see y'all
Thank you Twin Oaks crew for all you do and of coarse  a special thank you to Pappy and Miss Joanie!

The painting on The Spirit Station  was over the top this year special for me
take care y'all
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Vincenator

• Ever day is good,some are just better!
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2016, 09:02:28 pm »
Had great fun.Met lots of great people,learned a lot to.Thanks to all.We will be back.The weekend exceeded my expectations.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2016, 10:16:16 pm »
Had a wonderful time as always. Thanks to Pappy, Miss Joanie and all the Twin Oaks Crew. As always the Tenn Classic is tops.
Unfortunately my camera never saw daylight so no pics but I'm sure there will be plenty. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2016, 01:10:25 am »
Made it home safe and sound. Although I was there for 9 days, it went by way too fast. I am relatively new to primitive archery, but after my fourth consecutive Classic, there is no doubt that the folks that gather there each year are the finest people that walk the planet. People from the UK, Singapore, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, plumbers, welders, entrepreneurs of all types, Yankees And southerners, flat landers and hillbillies, all gather with a common purpose. Enjoying each other's company, sharing stories, eating like kings, a little mischief here and there, bow craft galore, all on a 400 acre slice of heaven called Twin Oaks. Thanks Pappy and crew for letting us join in, though briefly, with you again. See you next year!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2016, 08:53:25 am »
Thanks folks, y'all are why makes it happen. Seemed funny sitting by the fire last night by myself. Peaceful but kind of sad. Pictures coming soon. Thanks again. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:36 am »
well, all I can say is . . . . WHEW!  After being there for a little over a week, seeing all I could see, and hearing all I could hear,  doing all the fun things that I could do, I have jam-packed my life with the most fun in that short period of time that the rest of the year, I don't even think I'll need to have any fun.  I'm still having left-over fun.  Pappy and Miss Joanie and all of the other Classic crew do the most awesome job of making sure that everyone, with no exception, have the most fun they could possibly have during the time they're there.  Keep up the good work.  Hope to see you again.  From our family to yours, WE LOVE YOU!

P.S.  Robin Tan had the biggest time of his life.  I really don't think he's ever going to get over it. 
He says goodbye to all his ah-beng friends.  You'll know what he means.  Lol.

James Parker
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:02:33 am by james parker »

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2016, 10:06:55 am »
To Pappy and all the Twin oak members who work there butts off every year to make this event happen, a great BIG THANK YOU.   ps. James I don't believe ole Robin will ever forget this one, thanks for getting him to the classic. Bob

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2016, 10:08:54 am »
A great THANK YOU!!! to Pappy, Miss Joanie and all of the Twin Oaks guys!!!
All of your hard work is appreciated you do a wonderful job, the courses were fantastic.
We got back home about 11:30 last night and can't wait for next year.
THANKS AGAIN to all at Twin Oaks!!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:46 am »
Thanks to Pappy, Miss Joanie and the whole Twin Oaks crew!  We had the best time as always...