Author Topic: ISO snake skins  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Sidmand

ISO snake skins
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:07:58 am »
I was asked by a friend if I could put snake skins on a couple of bows for him, strictly as a decoration.  I told him that I had not done it before, but that I would attempt it if I could find some skins to use.  He seemed game to let me attempt it, so now I need to find some skins and do some reading and practicing.  I have a few odds and ends in trade:
  • maybe a stick of Ipe (if I do, it will be around 60" long, 1" wide, and between 1/2 and 3/4 inch thick, I will look when I get home)
  • couple dozen 3/8" ish bamboo sticks for bamboo arrows, I think they are 36" long, will take pics if you want them
  • I think I have at least a dozen, maybe 2 dozen, grey goose feathers for fletching
  • some 125 grain glue on field points (I think 2 dozen)
  • I can stick weave you a belt, gun sling, haversack strap from Jute or Sisal if you like - very traditional, can send pics if you like
  • have some other odds and end camping/hunting stuff about, if you have something that interests you just ask, as I might be able to drum something up.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:31:54 am by Sidmand »
"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Sidmand

Re: ISO snake skins
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:36:03 pm »
I also have a couple chunks of Obsidian, and what I believe to be some Flint, can take pics.  might have some other rock as well, I had a little Dacite somewhere, would have to dig about.
"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Dh88

Re: ISO snake skins
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:20:01 am »
I have skins available pm me if you'd like