Author Topic: Not sure about this profile  (Read 5444 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Not sure about this profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 11:59:01 am »
  That would be a nightmare to brace and keep from twisting. To tiller that shape right some of that big curve would still be visible at brace height. I would say just use your cawl on it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 12:02:14 pm »
Its an ugly one alright. Looked much better on my caul last night. Oh well, I heat it back up and move it some.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »
I'm not digging it...needs less where you've got it all, and then move it out more!

Would be kinda curious to feel how it pulls/shoots if you did hook the ends with some statics!   8)
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 12:18:30 pm »
I'll bend some statics in this one after I flatten it some, just for you turtle!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 03:38:25 pm »
Just turn the limb around and add string....should look great strung up..... :laugh: :laugh:
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 05:35:17 pm »
OK sorry I see what you want.A little deflex too.You bet and your static bends on the ends.That'll look very nice.Still a nice even slowly increasing reflex to the base of the statics.Just like reverse bracing it profile.Depending on how much overall reflex you put on it, it could be a fun one to tiller,but I'm sure your up to the task.Is this the bow you've got all the parts for of like 3 or 4 different types of wood for it?I'll be watching for it.That'll be a beautiful killer bow for sure.Good luck on your journey.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 05:53:20 pm »
Gotta say though if ever a FG mentallity has gone into a bow this one is,and that's ok and well.It's being done all the time.With beautiful results.I think natural materials can be tougher in some respects then FG.As far as twisting etc. is concerned.More easily fixed so to speak.I can vouch for that....lol.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bow101

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »
I would think that an FG type of profile works and behaves differently  than all wood limbs.  I guess if you can flatten them out and re bend the last 8-10"  but subtlety and smoothly.   Looking forward to this one.  My last 3 piece only took 1/4" of set and it draws smooth as silk, limbs are quite long unlike yours, only 34# though   :(
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline warpath

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »
Hey Pearlie, Does this mean that you'll be needing more shafts soon?  >:D

G-Monee  >:D

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 07:39:08 pm »
I have no suggestions on what to do with it, I'm a simple man therefore only attempt simple bows. All I can say is just do something with it even if it's wrong Pearly,  just looks funny to me. ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
I'm with ya Greg.... :) ;)
I guess we're not bored yet with the simple one piece self bows... ;D
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 08:06:24 pm »
bow101.....I was just quoting a friend of mine who makes both type bows.FG and self bows.He likes the simple fact that a natural materials self bow can be fixed fairly easily while if an FG bow has major problems most times it's back to the drawing board.Chris's bow will have 0 shock and shoot very smooth like you said yours is with a longer handle.He'll lose 4" of length with the splice but should be fine.
BowEd
Ed

Offline PatM

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »
Looks like he intends to make it a three piece if I'm not mistaken.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 08:26:03 pm »
I'll let Chris tell ya but that's the drift I get Pat.bow101....Your bow should shoot smooth pulling 34#'s.I'm sure Chris wants a little more than that and he should get it.He will take his time if I know him.Which I would too really.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bow101

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 09:38:24 pm »
I'll let Chris tell ya but that's the drift I get Pat.bow101....Your bow should shoot smooth pulling 34#'s.I'm sure Chris wants a little more than that and he should get it.He will take his time if I know him.Which I would too really.

No biggy, misunderstanding you missed my point.  I am well aware that he would like a bow better than 34#. 
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell