Author Topic: care of wooden bow wrap sheet?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline bushboy

care of wooden bow wrap sheet?
« on: December 05, 2015, 09:53:05 am »
I plan to donate one for my children's annual Christmas silent auction in support of their school.i remember seeing a good example on here at some point?i think it was posted by Donald,not sure though?first time I ever made a twin bow,it's sister was received by wizard goat juring last year's bow trade.i made another because I liked how it shot,but my wife talked me into donating it.thx's rob!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Stringman

Re: care of wooden bow wrap sheet?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:27:18 am »
Yea I just saw a good example a couple weeks ago, but can't remember from who.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 12:26:18 pm »
Here is mine. Probably time to rewrite it. Suggestions welcomed and appreciated!

Echo Archery Custom Bows:
Caring for Your Bow
Thank you for purchasing a bow from Echo Archery.  This bow is design and crafted to provide years of enjoyment, shooting at the range and in the hunting woods.  Please follow these simple guidelines to ensure that it does. Your bow is under warranty for one year from the date of purchase.  Warranty covers failure of the bow under normal use and conditions. 
1.   Do not overdraw your bow.  Each bow is tillered to a specific draw length.  Do not draw the bow past the designated draw length.  Using arrows cut to the length of the bows designated draw length is a good way to prevent overdrawing the bow. Do not allow someone else to draw your bow.  If your bow does not have the specified draw weight marked on the bow, then it will be recorded at the bottom of this page.
2.   Do not “dry-fire” your bow.  That is, do not draw the bow and release the string without an arrow nocked.  This can cause damage to the bow. 
3.   Never leave your wooden bow strung for extended periods of time.  These bows are not designed to be strung and left hanging on the wall for days, weeks, months, or years on end.  Your bow should be unstrung after shooting.
4.   Stringing your bow.  The push-pull method is a safe and easy way to string your bow.  However, it does require proper technique that has to be learned.  A bow stringer is another safe way to string your bow.  Not all bow stringers are design for use on wooden longbows and so, caution should be taken to ensure a good fit of cups over your limb tips before attempting to use any bow-stringer. 
5.   Use the correct brace-height.  Typically, the correct brace height (measured from the handle to the string) is between 5 and 6 ˝” or a fistemele (your fist with thumb extended) for longbows, and slightly higher for recurves (6 – 7 1/2”).  An excessively high brace height can cause damage to the bow.  Brace height is adjusted by twisting or un-twisting the bow string. 
6.   Avoid storing your bow in areas with extreme temperatures or dry air.  For example, do not leave your bow in a hot car, or hanging next to a woodstove.  If your bow has been exposed to high temperatures or extremely dry conditions, then allow the bow to rest in moderate temperature and humidity conditions prior to stringing the bow.   Do not store your bow outdoors or in a damp basement.
7.   If your bow is used during wet weather, it should be waxed regularly, with beeswax, carnuba, or paste wax. 
8.   Use arrows that match your bow. Select arrows with proper spine and mass weight.

Thanks again for your purchase. I hope you enjoy your new bow for many years to come. 

Carson Brown
Echo Archery
EchoArchery.com  PO Box 236, Jefferson, OR, 97352, 503-410-6571

Draw Weight ____# @ ____” Draw length    Length from nock to nock ____”
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline bushboy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 12:51:29 pm »
Thx's carson!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.