Author Topic: Ghost in the road, first day of PA rifle season  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
Ghost in the road, first day of PA rifle season
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:15:16 pm »
I had a special moment this morning on my way to our hunting grounds for the first day of PA rifle with my father. We were tooling down the back road talking about the different deer we saw during archery trying to determine the different bucks on the property. I saw a deer up ahead and told the old man to be careful cause there's a deer right there. He said "No I don't think it is." I replied "It sure is but, hey it's albino." My father noticed that the eyes were reflecting green not pink, which made us both exclaim in unison "It's a white deer."

I've been hunting for 25 years. I've seen two piebalds but no albinos, never thought I'd see a white one. I didn't even think they existed outside of the Seneca base. I can safely say, that little doe was the most beautiful animal I've ever seen. My brain just didn't want to believe it was real. 

I didn't see a deer in the stand all day and the goofball neighbor shot a deer I'd had my eye on. This was still one of the best hunts of my life.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline nclonghunter

Re: Ghost in the road, first day of PA rifle season
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:04:49 pm »
They are beautiful, there used to be an all white deer in WV close to where I hunted. I never did get close enough to see its' eyes but it was totally white. Was around for a couple years then gone..I have also seen a wild totally white hen turkey near where I live now. Always awesome to see one.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:08:53 pm »
Cool.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 10:57:07 am »
A nice memory shared with your dad :)
Priceless.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:04:42 am »
I live about 20 miles from the Seneca base. My daughters speech therapist said they have a huge white 10 point running around their neighborhood. They are neat for sure. Everyone around here says they're white tail. But as far as I read they were imported by the guy who ran the base. They have tours u can take to go see wm
Nothing ventured nothing gained