Author Topic: 2 great books from my wife  (Read 1470 times)

riverrat

2 great books from my wife
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:01:04 pm »
today, in the mail, i got not only one package, but 2. hmmm, my name on em..........what i get? dont remember anything i should be gettin......open number 1 "wow" its a book. John Baldwins bows arrows and quivers of the American frontier. ive been looking for this on line and i know its off the wall expensive...but i didnt order it. open paxckage number 2....encyclopedia of Native American bows arrows and quivers VOLUME 2!  thats out of print too. and the ones i seen were off the wall expensive as well! ....she gets home. im like ,honey i love the books. whered you find them that cheap? { i looked at the paperwork}. she found the ONLY 2 of them books out there brand new ...for under 80 bucks each including shipping! she knows we have a limit but decided she couldnt pass them up. she knows ive been looking for them for a while now and i just couldnt do the 200 plus thing for a book. shes a great wife. no shes the best wife! so now, i work on bows in the basement. i knew there was a catch. lol shes tired of the shavings in the kitchen and well the basement unlike the garage is heated soooo..... it was a great time to ask me. lol but i can read the books in the living room. but if i get any ideas....the basement . lol Tony

Offline hunterbob

Re: 2 great books from my wife
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:35:01 pm »
Good deal. Sounds like you have a great wife.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:57:40 pm »
You're truly a lucky lucky man. But you already knew that!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:13:51 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 10:07:28 pm »
Glad to hear you have a good one , Tony
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 09:55:50 am »
...and you didn't even save them to go under the tree.  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 10:13:49 am »
Very cool, nothing like a good woman. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:55 am »
Wow, my wife would have seen a price tag over $20 and said "can't you download a PDF somewhere?", lol.