Author Topic: 12x16 workshop space?  (Read 5897 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 12x16 workshop space?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 08:16:44 am »
I just need enough room for a cot. Keep that in mind :)

Jon that is what you do with under bench storage on a 4 x 8 bench like mine. Blow the dust off and lay your head down :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 08:26:29 am »
Having it heated seems really important to me.Finish work and such.Depending where you live.Right now my limit of temp. in my tractor shed is about 15 degrees.Fingers get too cold and hard to feel much after a hour.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 09:20:15 am »
Mike id make it a similar size as the Pavilion at Marshall so we all have enough room to work when you invite us all over and throw big lavish bowyer parties!!!  8)
Great idea! Including huge fireplace at one end?
Would love to have ya'll down, but visas to enter MO are gettin' harder 'n' harder to come by.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 04:28:44 pm »
I want to, may never happen, build out the back of my two car garage. This would be 12 ft deep from the back of my garage wall now. Would be 12 x 20. Likely never happen but it would let me move my rock shop out there and still have lawn mower and bike storage in the garage and still get both cars in.

Offline bow101

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 05:10:40 pm »
I have an 8' bench inside the house.....to short., next bench will be against the wall at least 12' long with the radial arm saw near one end for quick easy cutting. And a smaller bench elsewhere.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 07:21:59 pm »
Hey Mike,
I think one of the most important things to consider for a new shop is a dust/chip collection system and an air filtration system, if you do any work at all in the shop.  JIMO........
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking