Author Topic: What if things went south, could you handle it?  (Read 12295 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: What if things went south, could you handle it?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 04:47:12 pm »
I don't foresee what it coming as a total disaster. Personally I doubt the entire human race is going to go the way of the dinesour but all things are possible. I do see a lifestyle change coming and the masses are not going to handle it well. We have all been letting others appease and take care of us for far too long. If the dollar is devalued much and our money becomes worthless I'm going to have a tough time myself. Hopefully you are all better prepared than I.

If the government quits sending my SS check I'm as good as doomed. :embarassed:
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 04:49:17 pm »
Only thing I have stocked so far is ammo... and I don't mean the ABO type. And like what others have said, I hope I never have a cause to use it other than on paper targets.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 05:23:41 pm »
I'm sure that I could handle myself, But what are you going to do with all the uninvited that are going to show up. I really enjoy learning all the primitive skills and have become pretty efficent with them but its not going to stop the 1000 to 1 odds your going to face, hope it never comes to this, they might kill me but i ain't going alone. Bob

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »
I'm sure that I could handle myself, But what are you going to do with all the uninvited that are going to show up. I really enjoy learning all the primitive skills and have become pretty efficent with them but its not going to stop the 1000 to 1 odds your going to face, hope it never comes to this, they might kill me but i ain't going alone. Bob

Sadly I have thought at length about this. No, I don't see it happening in my lifetime, but I do have a plan. Some of you are lucky enough to not live in a city. I don't have that luxury at this point. 
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 06:35:31 pm »
Our plan is to join up with the Wolverines.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 07:31:16 pm »

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 08:27:07 pm »
If things go south, i will probably follow.
Yep it's warmer down there!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2015, 04:19:06 am »
If it's not a nuke attack , I moving to the cabin and I can do just fine. It was set up and I used it for years with out running water and electric. Got plenty of 22 ammo, which is about the best all round you can have IMO and like Miss Joanie told the old hen group at church when the stock market took a dump a few years back," Mark knows how to make things and kill stuff so we will be fine" I really don't worry much about it but try to stay somewhat ready. ;) :) By the way I do have some other weapons  ??? just in case others want to come and take what I have, I will be more than willing to share but don't try and come take it all. That would be a very bad move on there part. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2015, 05:26:22 am »
I'm not gonna say what I do or don't have, but if the roving bands of "Citiots" come out around My part of the Country looking for hand-outs or pillaging - shame on them ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2015, 06:29:43 am »
If things go south, i will probably follow.

You're supposed to go north. Zombies freeze.

They freeze and they are scared to re-death of me. I can make a bow faster than they can walk towards me :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2015, 08:30:46 am »
   There is a book written by a man named John The Revelator, it is very interesting...
                                                                                                                                        Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2015, 08:35:13 am »
Yep. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2015, 08:47:31 am »
There is another book called "Five Seconds After", about what happens to society after an EMP attack, blunt and to the point. The author leaves out one crucial issue, what happens when all the 113 operating nuclear plants in the country go critical after loosing cooling water when the EMP attack fries all the electrical components.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2015, 08:56:47 am »
Eric, I don't think many of is can get far enough into the hills if that disaster should happen.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline JEB

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2015, 09:31:23 am »
IF things head south.  I am afraid  we are already heading that way.  I am too old to see but I fear for my grandkids.  This country as we knew it is gone unless things change at the top.

As far as living off the grid, NO problem here.  My grandkids live in the bush, home schooled and are excellent hunters starting with the 6 year old. They have a 40' by 100' garden but that could be increased by 30 acres if need be.