Author Topic: Christmas presents  (Read 843 times)

Offline Loope

Christmas presents
« on: December 25, 2015, 12:02:34 pm »
Made a bow for a brother, and a pocket quiver and back quiver for a nephew.  Wow, I had no idea how long it would take to make a quiver!  Having never made one, I underestimated the time required... and when it was finally time to stitch it together, I got quite the surprise that I could not fit my hand inside the tube for stitching.  I had to find my longest pliers to work the needle on the inside, and it still wasn't easy.  But I persevered and finished the quiver... then I fought with the temptation to give away my commercial quiver and keep the handmade for myself :)  My conscience won out and my nephew gets this one after all.

I hope you all get a chuckle thinking about me trying to sew the inside of a roughly 3 inch tube!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Michael

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Christmas presents
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 12:46:13 pm »
Very nice!

My grandpa always says "son, the impossible only takes just a little bit longer"!

You done a nice job, and I'm sure that young man will be very proud of his new quiver!  Merry Christmas!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!