Author Topic: I just got a new tool  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Steve Milbocker

I just got a new tool
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:06:49 am »
I recently discovered a great tool for building bows its called a Jawhorse Sheetmaster by Rockwell. It has padded jaws and has clamp force up to 1 ton if needed. You just lock it and step on the peddle to the desired force unlock and step on the peddle to release. It will open to 4' so I can put in a sheet of plywood or whatever to make a bench. It folds up quick and easy for storage or transport. Holds up to 600 lbs so its built well. I can't get the pics off my iphone small enough to post here but I did put some up over on LW.
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!

Offline dirthas

Re: I just got a new tool
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:17:54 am »
That is a sweet find! This would be useful for everything else in addition to bows too. Now to find the extra $120 or so this costs over a traditional bench vise :)

Offline Steve Milbocker

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:25:19 am »
dirthas, I like the idea of being able to put it in the back of my rig if I go to any gatherings to build bows. Plus I can take it down for storage. I have limited space to work and this is handier for me than having a work bench taking up room I don't have:)
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:43:31 pm »
I bought one two years ago and haven't regretted it since.  It's great for holding staves in place while you rasp off wood or holding your tillering tree/board.  I love it.

Offline S.C. hunter

• does a possum have enough brains to tan his hide ?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 05:37:24 pm »
Great tool!  I bought mine a few years ago. Also great to hold stave, or log to drawknife bark off.   They will hold a lot of weight, and hold it securely.

Steve