Author Topic: 1st Annual PA Invitational 2016  (Read 334846 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 1st Annual PA Invitational 2016
« Reply #1365 on: July 19, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
Thanks for the positive feedback on this trade, Marc. I'm sure goat will like reading that as it seemed to have a shadow cast over it from conception.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1366 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:45 pm »
I'm glad you and everybody else participated, Marc. It's looking real good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Weylin

« Reply #1367 on: July 19, 2016, 03:40:08 pm »
I had a great time in this trade as well. I just think a small group of people that know each other makes for a better trade all around.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #1368 on: July 19, 2016, 04:38:15 pm »
Marc - no worries on the string, I'm guilty of modifying strings made by others for my own liking too.
I'm happy you like the bow, no speed demon, just a nice shooting yew bow. I know you'll do something sweet with that lumber I sent you too.

There's just a few bows that need to be sent. I won't name any names, they know who they are and are fully trusted to do their thing.  Theres still a few that were received but we haven't seen the pics yet, so let's see em boys!

Stringman

« Reply #1369 on: July 19, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »
Gotta say, I have enjoyed this trade from the start. Enjoyed making, enjoyed getting, but mostly enjoyed watching our bow building legends get involved and show us new guys what experience and attention to detail looks like. It's inspiring to see, and I wanna say thanks for letting me play along.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1370 on: July 19, 2016, 06:27:28 pm »
Thanks for the invite Goat.  I have really enjoyed this trade.  I had a blast building a bow for a friend and I also received an awesome bow.  I was just shooting it 10 minutes ago.  Thanks again Aaron.  I hope you don't mine me getting some blood on it this fall. 

Who all plans on hunting with the bows they received in this trade?  I think we should keep this post going during the fall hunting season and share our success with them.  It will be cool to see how everyone does. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1371 on: July 19, 2016, 07:27:19 pm »
I also enjoyed this trade and again have to thank Eddie for talking me into getting and Ryan for the invitation. It got me off my arse and doing something I have loved for years. I also feel privileged to be among some incredible bowyers and part of this 1st Annual Invitational PA Bow Trade. Receiving the wonderful take down osage bow and travel case from Simon was the icing on this delicious cake.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gaur

« Reply #1372 on: July 19, 2016, 10:57:47 pm »
I enjoyed being a part of it.  Kicking myself a bit for waiting till so close to the deadline to get moving.  Life has been busy for me as of late. 

I plan to hunt some with Eddie's beautiful osage bow this fall.  I did take it carping one night so far ;).
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline DuBois

« Reply #1373 on: July 20, 2016, 12:08:18 am »
Man, that is a bad #@ss bow Bushboy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1374 on: July 20, 2016, 05:38:41 am »
Great looking bows for sure, it's been fun and all seems to have went well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #1375 on: July 20, 2016, 07:55:27 am »
To me, it was an honor and a privilege to participate in this trade.  It was ran very well and was enthusiastic from the git-go.  I'd welcome the opportunity to partake in the 2nd Annual.  I'll definitely get some pics up of my bow made by Marc.  It's just my size and I too will try to take game with it.  Clint, I second the motion to post pics of our successes.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #1376 on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:30 am »
I have enjoyed every bit of this trade, thank you to each and every one of you. It has been awesome getting to build bows along side of an extremely talented group of bowyers.
I was very excited and also a bit apprehensive to build a bow for The Outlaw, but I am very happy that you like it Clint, and I would be honored if you shed blood with it.
Scott, once again, I cannot thank you enough for this beautiful piece of art that you have gifted me.  I know what this piece of wood meant to you, and I assure you it will be treasured in my hands as well.

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #1377 on: July 20, 2016, 12:40:35 pm »
Now that seems as folks speak the closing word …
It's not over, as goat said, still some bows to deliver …

But, to be honest, I also enjoyed this trade, it was or is a good trade with very nice high quality bows. All made individual with very different designs – I like like that and liked the watching of the come along.
I also feel very honored to be part of this party!

May I make a suggestion, and let let us/me hear what you think:
What about a new thread with the gallery of all these bows all in one row, let's say 10 pics each bow and some only 3 specs (length, draw weight, draw length). No discussion in between the row, just pics. Of course we should wait till all bows are sent out.

I remember the bow rack gallery some time ago – it was so much fun to watch.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1378 on: July 20, 2016, 01:54:16 pm »
I like that idea.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PatM

« Reply #1379 on: July 20, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »
There is a bow: