Author Topic: Hello from Finland!  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Otter

Re: Hello from Finland!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 12:12:06 pm »
Very nice looking bow .. I like your tips ... Alot of character.... Welcome to PA

Offline Badger

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 12:18:00 pm »
  Markus, very nice work! You will fit right in here. I was looking the the grain orientation on your syhas, that could be a problem as the rings are layered flat where they can most easily seperate under very low stress.

Offline loon

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:51 am »
if you can make a 53"/135cm string length bow from compression softwood backed with sinew or cable that draws 33-34" relatively smooth you will be my hero  :o :o hopefully I can beat you to it...

Would steam bending kelo for having grain aligned siyahs work? But hey, if they don't break..

Offline maatus

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 04:52:38 am »
  Markus, very nice work! You will fit right in here. I was looking the the grain orientation on your syhas, that could be a problem as the rings are layered flat where they can most easily seperate under very low stress.

I took care of it with glue. It's pretty hard wood, even the string won't make any pits to them. Almost 300 hundred shots fired now and still okay.

Would steam bending kelo for having grain aligned siyahs work? But hey, if they don't break..

I'm not sure what you mean but I did cut the tips with jigsaw from kelo board, didn't bent anything.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 06:55:25 am »
Welcome to PA . Nice looking bow.