Author Topic: Traffic  (Read 3689 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Traffic
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:31 am »
I have been offered trades from some of the big names over the years but have never shot someone else's bow, only the bows I made so I haven't done any trading.

In all honesty, I would be afraid I wouldn't like the trade bow or the recipient of my bow wouldn't like it. Because I like and shoot only the bows I make, I suspect if I did make a trade, someone's hard work would end up a wall hanger.
      How do you know you wouldn't like another bow if you've never tried one?

I should make one and dye it peach and green. Call it green eggs and ham.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 11:25:39 am »
Only two ways to make a bow, wrong or right. If you make "right" bows there isn't an archer around that wouldn't enjoy it. If you make "wrong" bows nobody but yourself likes it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 12:11:10 pm »
I really need to turn this site off on my PC today so I can get a bit of work done...  ...but then a kid in Germany posts a gorgeous Yew Bow that needs to be ogled for a bit.  :embarassed: ;D 

OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 01:23:01 pm »
I have been offered trades from some of the big names over the years but have never shot someone else's bow, only the bows I made so I haven't done any trading.

In all honesty, I would be afraid I wouldn't like the trade bow or the recipient of my bow wouldn't like it. Because I like and shoot only the bows I make, I suspect if I did make a trade, someone's hard work would end up a wall hanger.

Eric,
Having admired your talent and craftsmanship in the many and various forums that you participate in I can't imagine someone not liking anything that you would build.

Offline PatM

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 02:13:42 pm »

Eric,
Having admired your talent and craftsmanship in the many and various forums that you participate in I can't imagine someone not liking anything that you would build.

You may be focusing on the wrong part of the statement. ;)