Author Topic: MOJam 2016  (Read 73632 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: MOJam 2016
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2016, 02:32:01 pm »
Looks like a lot of carbon in there for a primitive gathering ;)

Hope Dave wasn't laying there when they shot! Id like to think your smarter than that big Dave, but at 2:30 am all bets are off!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2016, 02:35:36 pm »
I took a bunch so it took awhile to get loaded. I had a great time visiting with family again this year. I met lots of people again and even learned a few things. I'd like to write an article for the magazine to show what a great time this event is. Thanks to Marshall bowhunters again and again for putting this in every year and letting me live there for a week!  Anyway... here are some pics.

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
I was plenty safe pearly
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2016, 02:39:15 pm »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2016, 02:39:32 pm »
I know you were, I was just messing around. Some day Ill make it down there with you guys. Maybe drag a few Illinois buddies with me on my way through.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2016, 02:40:37 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it. That's why I out some mojam in a jar and I'm bringing it to Marshall next year.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2016, 02:43:50 pm »

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:51 pm »

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2016, 05:04:59 pm »
Great pictures Dave. Thanks for posting them.
A lot of familiar faces there...  :)

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2016, 05:11:22 pm »
I only got to be at MOJAM for about 36 hours this year, ...which was not even HALF as long as I needed to be there!  At least I did get to make it there for a bit though.

Last year, several of us got together and decided that we needed to do something kewl for NoNose.  He comes every year to MOJAM and spends something very near to all of his time there helping others learn to make a bow.  He especially works with the newest bowyers and helps them get over the fear of messing up the project by telling everyone, "It's just a piece of wood".

Well, during MOJAM this year we gave NoNose a set of primitive gifts and tools.  He was overwhelmed, but really appreciative of the Love and Respect the group demonstrated for him.

1] Patrick laid out a blanket to present the gifts on.
2] Dave gave him the bow in a pink sock.
3] NoNose opened the bow that several guys had teamed up to build together.
4] Patrick presented the Quiver he had made.  It's Bamboo with Walnut slats custom fit to match it perfectly.

OneBow

...more pix coming shortly...

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2016, 05:25:54 pm »
5] Neal (aka Patches) gave NoNose the arrows he had made for him.  3 primitive two fletches with knapped points, 9 triple bladed broad heads, and 3 field point arrows.

6]I presented NoNose with the large hand drum I made for him.  My nephew RJ hand painted the eagle petragliph design on the drum face with leather dye.

Then Patrick presented NoNose with a Damascus steel skinning knife and sheath with a KingWood handle custom made by Devon, who could not make it up the MOJAM this year.

7] Somehow a spontaneous hug-fest broke out after that.  It must be a Marine thing...  8) ;) 

8]  ...and then we got a group shot of all the guys there that were involved with making all these things for NoNose.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2016, 05:37:56 pm »
Great  pictures and story guys!  Looks like a fine bunch of bowyers at that event. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »
Yep, THAT'S what it's all about.
A fine bunch of gifts for a Great Guy from a bunch of other Great Guys.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:59 pm »
Looks like a hell of a good time Guys................ I'm going to make that outing some day soon. 
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »
Another awesome mojam in the books!
This event has become very dear to my heart. I is something that I can bring my family to and they can enjoy meeting and getting to know the rest of my family.
I want to say a big thanks to the Marshall bow hunters for putting on mojam!
And another huge thank you to the guy's I camped with this year.
I got overly tied up down at the pavilion trying to help everyone I could and finishing up my trade bow. You guys stepped in and helped my wife and took care of camp.  I don't know how to make it up to you guys but you know I will somehow.
Well we had a few mojammers not show up this year and they were missed.  But we had some new faces to help fill the voids. There was even a family that came all the way from Denmark.

There was a lot of bows being built this year.  At least 4 of them was first time bow builder's. They was from all different age groups to.  One of my friends is in his 70's and I think the youngest first bow was my niece at 9 years old.
There was a lot of gifts given and received by several people.  Several trade bows were hand delivered. And unfortunately I broke bowwoods(Chris) trade bow on my tiller tree.  I was sick to my stomach. Then he said,  I would rather have it break here than in my guys hand.  I gave him my brand new HHB stave I just got so he could get going on his trade bow.
A group of us honored our friend James (nonose) with an overwhelming set of gifts. He has always selflessly helped everyone.
And then there was the weather,  hot one day not to bad the next. Oh, and then there is the rain.  Giant mud holes everywhere,  it was so muddy at our camp that my wife went and got a few bales of straw. The guy's spread it all over the ground.
I will be posting several pictures later on.  I know I'm rambling but my mind is still racing with all the excitement and fatigue of,  MoJam.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!