Author Topic: Boonies  (Read 10059 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Boonies
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 11:56:44 am »
any one ever see Mick Dodge do anything but bum from ppl on the river? never see him hunt to eat or sleep any place at all.

9 out of 10 are bums, Ed. Sqautters, bums, beggars and whatever else. But have no fear, we all have health insurance now. So when they get that infected tooth, us gridders will wipe their butts and send them back to their squatters existence. The few you guys mentioned are cool and legit. Like Colbert.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 04:19:00 pm »
The bearclaw guy from boonies and the old dude in the swamps on mountain men are the only reason I've ever watched those shows. I usually try sticking with informative ones.

not sure on bearclaw, he seems rather fake too...the latest episode where he "passed" on a perfectly healthy looking buck with a bow because he said it had blue tongue...nevermind it was 50 yards away, and his form is horrible!!!
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 04:53:19 pm »
any one ever see Mick Dodge do anything but bum from ppl on the river? never see him hunt to eat or sleep any place at all.

9 out of 10 are bums, Ed. Sqautters, bums, beggars and whatever else. But have no fear, we all have health insurance now. So when they get that infected tooth, us gridders will wipe their butts and send them back to their squatters existence. The few you guys mentioned are cool and legit. Like Colbert.
Good Point(s) PD:
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 05:04:24 am »
I read a Year or so ago, That Mick Dodge is a Major Poser. Rich Guy that likes playing Caveman, putting on a show for the Tourists and at the end of the day, He goes home to His VERY  nice Digs. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline DC

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 02:01:31 pm »
I would imagine they're all pulling in a decent buck for these shows. Film editing can produce amazing illusions.

Offline wildman

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »
I live off the grid and recently had a chance to watch a few episodes. I also share a mutual friend with Bearclaw. Its all pretty much garbage and no where even close to the truth of a day to day off grid life. I suppose heating water cutting wood and tending critters is to mundane. It did however make me glad I do not have a T.V.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 06:58:00 pm »
So, old Tom makes a bow for a guy, he starts with green osage if I remember correctly, knocks out a bow in a day and delivers it the next. The bow he delivers is an aged osage bow that has turned dark, it is backed with snake skins as well.  From my point of view as a bow maker, the bow is very poorly tillered with hingy limbs.

Of course this nonsense will fly for 99.9% of the people watching the show but not for us guys who know bows and bow making.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 10:12:46 am »
A recent episode of "Dual Survival" showed one of the guys suffering from dehydration, and he throws up. They were supposedly out for close to 55 hours at this time. and he has stuff in his vomit. The little things that people miss that are clearly there.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline bow101

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »
Marty the trapper up north has a rough life and flying his little plane is no easy task especially landing.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell